Choosing

----- Picture of Luke -----

Lukes POV

Slamming the car door behind me as I now sat steaming in the backseat. I'd just come out another council meeting, they always annoyed me. The same old people every week, always moaning about something that I couldn't give two shits about, but I was still forced to attend them every week.

This week they'd been moaning about breeding. Apparently, humans are not breeding enough to keep up with our ever-growing population. Well if they weren't so greedy there would be twice as many slaves, and I wouldn't have had to sit through a two-hour discussion about it. You see, we breed humans and once they reach ten-years-old they are auctioned off to whoever wants them.

The person who buys them can do what they wish with their new slave. Those who need to, eat them. Others just use them for their own pleasure. But those who eat them have simply become greedy, buying more than they need, killing just for the fun of it.

So the council was arguing about lowering the age to five. This ended up splitting the council, I being on the opposing side, obviously, since I thought ten-years-old was young enough as it is. Anyway enough about council meeting, since they ended up not even making a decision. They forwarded it to next week.

Being brought back to reality, we were now driving away from the council building and towards my house. I started to see shops appear since we had to pass the main part of the town to get to my house, that was when the idea struck me.

"Stop the car," I ordered.

The car immediately came to a halt. As I got out, I looked around at the few shops in front of me until my eyes finally landed on a small alleyway. Perfect!

It didn't take me long to find what I wanted. The backstreet slave trade. The building was old and looked like it might come down on my head at any given moment, but I didn't care as I walked inside.

The stench was what hit me first, it stunk, to say the least. I quickly changed to breathing threw my mouth to save my poor nose. Then it hit me, the row after row of tiny cages all occupied by humans. I know you're probably thinking why is the council moaning about not having enough slaves? Well, you see this is a backstreet slave trade. This is for older, used slaves. Lower creatures usually only come here, mostly because they can't afford new slaves or for a cheap snack.

So why am I here? I want a change and it's as simple as that. 

So with that in mind, I begin at the first row making my way down each aisle. I look in every cage, some were filled with older slaves who looked like they wouldn't live for much longer,  while others were still young but badly beaten. Most of them sat curled up in their cage looking like they just wanted the world to fuck off and leave them alone. It made me feel sort of sorry for them.

When I was on the eleventh row, I'd grown bored. Maybe this was a terrible idea. I was so close to just leaving and forgetting this ever happened until I reach his cage, I knew from one look he was the one.

He had blonde hair that looked like it might be closer to white under the filth it was coated with, his body was small and lean but beautiful none the less. His eyes opened to show they were dark blue and lined with thick black lashes. The tall lean man who was guiding me stood beside me, his face was thin which made his musky eyes look like would pop off the side of his face.

"So, you s-see anything you l-like sir?" He asked, stuttering over his words. He must sense that I'm higher up than him. 

"Yes, I want this one," my eyes go back to the boy in the cage, seeing his head twitch at the sound of my voice. 

"Y-you sure s-sir? He is s-second h-hand," the man stuttered out.

"Oh yes, definitely!"

Why anyone would pass on a boy like him so that he ended up in a place like this was beyond me, but I knew I would never let him out of my slight. The man nodded to me while unlocking the cage and reached in, taking hold of the collar around the boy's neck and harshly pulling it, making me wince. Shooting daggers at the bent over mans back for how he handled such a delicate-looking boy.

As soon as the man let go, the boy fell to the floor obviously too weak. Quickly I bent down and scooped him up off the dirty floor and into my arms. Handing the man a few notes for payment,  before I walk off with my new slave. 

~  okay, so completely new chapter since I'm editing the whole story before I carry on with it, first off I'm editing it since there were so many mistakes and it sort of went off how I originally wanted the story to go, so sit tight since the story may change a little bit.

so yeah thought id give you a bit from Luke's side since I didn't originally, don't know why but there you go. 

*Edited*