Much More

----- Cody ------

Jason's POV

We now stand outside of Lord Samuel's mansion waiting for someone to bring Master's car around, Master and I stand shoulder to shoulder with his arm still tightly wrapped around my much smaller waist, and the boy stood a step behind us. Looking over at his barely clothed form, I notice he is shivering from the cold nights' air. I would have given him my jacket if I had thought to wear one, the sight of him caused me to tug on Masters suit jacket causing his eyes to shoot down to me.

"Master, the boy's shivering," His eyes soften at my words and he immediately starts shrugging off his suit jacket.

"How careless of me," he says to no one in particular, while he places his jacket around the boy's shoulders. It ends up hanging around his knees since he was so small, though he pulls it even tighter around his thin frame to shield himself from the cold air.

By now the car was sitting in front of the house, with the driver holding the car door open for us to get in. Master ushered me in first then the boy and lastly got in himself, with me and Master sitting on one end of the car and the boy sitting opposite us, his head is downcast as he sits there still shivering.  The car ride was in silence for the first five minutes until I could no longer handle it anymore.

"So, what's your name?" Was the first thing I ask the boy.

Out the corner of my eye I could see the faint smirk cross Master's lips, he knows all too well I am just dying to know more about the boy I had pleaded Master to buy.

"Cody, sir," His voice is so quiet I have to strain to hear him; he never looks up as he answers.

"Well, hello Cody. I'm lord Luke Vondraks and this is Jason. There's no need to be scared of us, we're not going to hurt you. We only want to know more about you since you are going to be living with us, so do you think you will be able to answer some questions for me?" Cody nods.

"Am I your first master?"

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, and how old are you?"

"Twelve, sir"  That was strange since everyone knew as soon as you reached the age of ten you were taken from your parents and sold at one of the auctions, this causes me to be the next one to speak.

"But how can you be twelve and not have had a previous master?" A pained look crosses his face, making me almost felt guilty for asking.

"We lived in a small house in the middle of nowhere. My mother thought it was safe out there until one day a group of people came and slaughtered my whole family, leaving just me and my sister. That's how we ended up with that man tonight," Tears are sliding down Cody's cheeks now, but he was quick to wipe them away.

"It's okay, I understand, but nothing bad is going to happen to you while you are with us. We won't let it," I say, gaining some confidence.

It may be because I know just what this boy has gone through, one day your life would be okay, almost normal, until one of those creatures would come and rip it all away in a blink of an eye. Your whole world is torn apart and those that you love are gone!

For some reason, I felt the need to protect the young boy from the harsh world I'd been forced to grow up in. Yes, he may have had everything ripped away from him but at least he wouldn't have to be passed around as I had. I wasn't going to let anything happen to him and I knew Master wouldn't either, just like he hadn't let anything to me, Jimmy, or any of the other slaves that worked for him.

I look up to the man that has saved me from the cruel world. He was beautiful, there was no doubt about it and anyone who said any different was blind. But it wasn't just his looks, it was him. The way he cared about everyone he met, never treating slaves as if they were the shit beneath his shoes but as his equals. I've never met anyone like him, and I knew he would never hurt me. I was brought back to reality by Master's voice as he spoke to Cody.

"Thank you for answering my questions, Cody. Now I know you've properly heard all about masters and how they treat their slaves from your family and the people around you, but I want you to know I'm not like that, okay? I'm not going to hurt you or force you to do anything you don't want to," Cody's head shoots up at Masters words, staring curiously at Master then at me, questioning if what Master said is true. I nod my head in confirmation. "Now I'm not a very formal person. Only if we have company or we go out somewhere will you wear my collar like my other slaves and you will call me Master, but that's as formal as I get. So when we get back, I will introduce you to everyone then show you to your room..."

"Why did you buy me?" Cody asks all of a sudden, cutting Master of mid-sentence. "I mean, I'm not complaining, it's just why?" Master stares down at me then back at Cody.

"Because Jason asked me to" He answers, like that would answer everything.

"But isn't Jason just a slave? I've never heard of masters buying their slave's other slaves just because they asked," Cody looks generally confused at everything that was going on.

I look up at Master when he didn't answer straight anyway, noticing his eyebrows are drawn together as he stares at the boy before him.

"Jason is so much more than a slave!"

okay updating three week in a row wow, so yeah not too sure about this chapter guess it was just a little filler so you could get to meet Cody, what do you think of him so far, but yeah hope you enjoyed this chapter all the same :)

also i asked on the last chapter if you would like the next book to be on the two werewolves with one mate and some of you said yeah so the books up well what its going to be about anyway

http://www.wattpad.com/story/15666386-cursed-to-share-coming-soon 

and that will start as soon as this book finished which wont be very long, so go cheek that out 

*Edited*