Sadie, Sadie...

It's been a couple days since I met Sam, and he's been coming into the diner pretty often. I have yet to meet his family, but he talks very highly of them and they seem really nice. He says he comes in for the coffee, but I only ever see him in there when I'm in there. Which lately has been as a customer more often than a worker. And, I have to admit that thought kind of makes me giddy, and that is an unusual feeling for me. It was never like this with Josh, and I only just met Sam. Another thing is that he didn't judge me when he saw that I was pregnant, which is more than I can say for Josh. He's actually given me a few tips from what he knew about how his mom was when she was pregnant with his sister. And they actually worked. 

      At my appointment the other day the doctor told me about counting his kicks and how to handle all of the changes to my body lately. It's starting to get more serious now that I'm 29 weeks. I only have two months left and I couldn't be more excited and scared at the same time. Uncle Morey and Aunt Babs have gotten a lot more protective lately, with the baby coming so soon. They hardly let me do anything for myself. They're just so amazing, and I couldn't love them more. 

      My thoughts are interrupted when I look across the street and see Rory holding a bouquet of flowers walking away from Lorelai towards Lane's. So I catch up with her before she makes it in. Which is definitely a feat, considering my size. "Hey, watcha doin?" I ask her as she notices me. 

    "Uh, just taking these flowers to Lane. Wanna come?" I shake my head yes and we enter the door when Lane got done fighting with her mom. "Hey. I came to bring you some of my mom's flowers." She really didn't have to though. The flowers were literally all over town. I've never seen the town this yellow.

    "Thanks." She says with a weak voice. 

    "You okay?" I ask her. 

   "No. I'm not okay." She replies. 

   "What's wrong? Did she find your CD burner?"

   "My mother and father are sending me to Korea for the summer to visit my cousins." She tells us, but something tells me that's not all there is to it. "There sending me to Korea, and they won't tell me when I'm coming back." 

    "What do you mean they won't tell you when you're coming back?" Rory asks.

    "I mean they bought me a one way ticket. One way. The plane goes there. And stops." Lane starts to freak out a little more. Understandably so. 

   "Are you sure?" I ask, concerned, as we make our way further into the store. 

   "I called the airline to confirm it. And my parents were in their room whispering all morning. And when my mother came out, she looked very happy. She was humming." Woah, Mrs. Kim, humming? That's not a good sign. "I swear, they are planning on sending me to Korea for the rest of my life." She yells a little at the end of her sentence. This is not good. 

  "Lane." Before Rory can continue, Lane interrupts. 

   "It's like that Sally Field movie, where her husband took them to Iran, and wouldn't let them come back. Except that I won't have to keep my head covered." 

   "Okay. Calm down." Rory tries to tell her. 

   "Calm down? Are you listening? I am being shipped off to Korea." 

   "Yeah, I think you're freaking out a little prematurely." Lane gives her a face before she continues. 

   "Oh, really."

   "Yes. I mean, let's think about this. Maybe there's some deal with the airline and that's why the ticket is one-way. Or-or maybe they haven't worked out the plans with your cousins yet. Or there's a weather consideration. Or a holiday that you don't know about or" She starts to deflate a little. "Wow, I'm really gonna miss you." She finally realizes that this might be serious.