Rory's Dance

Gabby's POV

       It has been a couple weeks, and I'm now 12 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound today, and I got to hear my little nugget's heartbeat. I cried so hard. It was amazing. I was in complete awe. My morning sickness isn't getting any better, and a lot of my pants don't fit anymore cause my belly is getting bigger. But, now that I have my little nugget, I don't know what I would do with him/her. I already love him or her so much.

       Tonight I was going over to Lorelai's to help Rory get ready for her dance. We've all become a lot closer lately, and I love our relationship. I think Lorelei is starting to see that I'm hiding something. Anyways, I have started on my GED, and I think its going pretty well. I also got a job Luke's. He can be grumpy, but he has a soft side. He just doesn't show it to everybody. I'm glad he shows it to me though.

        I haven't spoken to my parents, if I could still call them that,  at all. And I don't think I will anytime soon. Which is okay, I still have Aunt Babs and Uncle Morey. They mean a whole lot to me. I literally don't know what I would do without them. They have been so supportive of me. They've given me a home, and I haven't really ever had one of those.

***

        As I walk across the yard to the Crap Shack, I just walk right in. This is kind of like my second home. When I'm not at home or at Luke's, I'm here, hanging out with Lorelai or Rory. As I said, we've gotten really close. As, I walk in I hear Lorelai shout out at Rory.

       "Come on already!"

       "I'm primping!" Rory replies.

       "You're sixteen, you have skin like a baby's bottom, there's nothing to primp." Lorelai retorts. She then looks over and notices me.  "Oh, hi Gabby. Didn't see you there. How'd the ultrasound go?"

        "Good, really good." It takes me a second to realize. "Wait! How do you know that?!" I look at her like she's crazy, which she probably is.

        "Hold on. We'll talk about this later." She then looks up at the sound of Rory's voice.

        "Okay, okay. Here I come." She walks out in a beautiful dress. Its amazing, the talent of Lorelai.

        "Woww, someone hit you with the pretty stick." Lorelai is as sarcastic as ever.

        "Hi Gabby. This dress is amazing. You outdid yourself." Rory compliments her mother.

        "I agree. Absolutely beautiful." I chime in my opinion.

        "Its beautiful babe. You look beautiful. Come here."

        "What?"

        "Stray hair."

        "Fix please." Lorelai then fixes Rory's hair. As they're talking I zone out and try to think of how Lorelai could have figure it out. Then Rory runs out of the room, and I go sit down beside Lorelai.

        "So, how did you figure it out?" I ask Lorelai, incredulously.

        "Well, you just have this glow, and I'm a secret detective at night." I give her a look. "Fine, Babette told me." She blurts out.

         "What?! Why did she do that? Who else has she told?" I start to freak out.