Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy

With today being everybody's first day back at school, Luke's was booming for breakfast. I sat at a table with Lorelai, Rory, and Lane talking when Taylor and his group of boy scouts came in. Oh, this was going to be good. Lorelai got up as Rory started to complain about the time again. All I could do was sit there and watch the entire interaction between Luke, the group, and Lorelai. It was quite a show. Then Luke got a phone call and it didn't seem to be a happy one. I wonder what that's about.  When he was off the phone he turned to Lorelai and the group and asked if she had a sister. Lorelai said no when one of the boys said that they did.

   "You have my sympathies." Luke told the boy. Hmm, I didn't even know that Luke had a sister. That has to be who he was talking too. But he didn't say anything more on the matter so we all went about our day. 

       I was walking down the street towards Doose's when I saw Luke and a strange boy walking into the diner

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

       I was walking down the street towards Doose's when I saw Luke and a strange boy walking into the diner. Who is that? Before I could inspect farther Sam came running up to me. "Hey, whatcha doing?" He asked me.

    "Getting groceries." I smiled up at him. 

    "Are you sure you should be doing that alone? " He looked down at my protruding stomach. 

    "I'm pregnant Sam, not disabled." 

    "I know, it's just, I worry. Okay?" My heart fluttered at his words. That couldn't be healthy. 

    "I know you do, but I'm okay." As soon as I said that a sharp pain went across my stomach and I winced. Sam noticed immediately. 

    "What just happened? Are you okay? Is it the baby? Is he okay?" He started panicking as he led me over to a bench. 

     "It's fine. I'm fine. It's just Braxton Hicks. It's been happening on and off all day." I tried to ease his worry. 

     "Are you are?" 

     "Yes, I read about it in one the books. I'm not due for another three weeks." I told him.  We sat there for a few more minutes as we calmed down. He didn't take his eyes off me and it made me giddy. "Okay, I'm ready now. Could you help me up please?" I looked to him as he got up and held his arm out. I grabbed onto it and he pulled me up off the bench with ease. I thanked him as he followed me in the store. 

***

        As we were leaving Doose's I saw the boy again and turned to Sam. "Hey, do you know who that is? I asked him. He turned to look where I was staring.

      "No, I've never seen him before." 

      "I saw him with Luke earlier and he had a duffle bag. Do you think he's staying with Luke?" As if the boy could hear us, he looked up at us and made eye contact. I quickly looked away embarrassed to be caught staring. He looked like trouble. But what right did I have to judge him?

Unexpected Blessing (Gilmore Girls)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें