Concert Interruptus

Gabby's POV

      I'm headed over to Lorelai's to help with the charity rummage that she volunteered to handle. I think she's doing a little better, but I still feel like she is still upset about it. So I spend as much time over there that I can. I just want to be there for her and help her through this. As I was lost in my thoughts I noticed that I was at her house already. I ran up the stairs and maneuvered my way past the piles and piles of clothes into the living room, or what used to be the living room. I found Rory and Lane surrounded my the mountains of donations, maybe Lorelai should have thought this through. They both look up when they noticed I entered. 

     "Hey Gabby." They both say in unison. 

     "Hello, why does the house look like a clothing tornado came through here?" I asked.

     "Well, we have more donations than originally thought." replied Rory. As soon as she finished her sentence Luke walked up behind me with a garbage bag and a brown paper bag that I guess were donations. 

     "Hey." Luke greets.

     "Hey Luke." Rory says.

     "Where do you want these?" He asked as he held up the bags.

     "What do you have?" Lane asked, they were sorting out the clothing.

     "Clothes, rags, and some old pots, and pans." He replies as he hold up each bag. 

     "Kitchenware can go in the kitchen, and the clothes can go right over there." Rory tells him. 

     "Okay." He then puts the brown bag where she pointed and then headed into the kitchen, just as Lorelai was coming down the stair with a handful of clothes. 

     "Here grinch." She says as she looks over to Rory with an upset look on her face. I'm guessing she didn't want to give those up, knowing her. 

     "Thank you." Rory says. 

     "Who wants cheese?" She asks, making a full 180 with her attitude. 

     "Are there crackers?" Rory asks as she continues to sort the clothes.

     "Somewhere in the state of Conneticut, yes, there are crackers." Lorelai tells her.

     "And in the Gilmore House?" Rory asks her.

     "Who wants cheese?" She deflects.

     "Me, please."

     "Ooh, mee." Lane and I reply at the same time.

     "Uh, kittens in the toilet poster?" Lane asks Rory as she holds the poster up.

     "Another one?" Rory asks, which makes me look incredulously at her. There is more than one of that hideous mistake.

     "This one's signed." Lane replies. All of a sudden we hear Lorelai shout from the kitchen.

    "Ah, there's a man in my kitchen! Somebody call the constable!" She shouted as Luke strides into the living room with a look on his face.

    "Your mom's a fruitcake." He says as Lorelai also comes back into the room.

    "Fruitcakes by the door, please." Lorelai says as she looks at him.

    "Goodbye Rory, I wish you luck..." he then turns to look pointedly at Lorelai, "...with everything."

    "I appreciate that." Rory says. He then looks at me.

    "You're still working later today right?" He makes sure.