Love, Daisies, and Troubadours

It was 6:30  in the morning and I was wide awake. Not by choice of course but some little bugger was sitting right on my bladder, so up I went. And now I can't go back to sleep because somebody was throwing a drumming concert or something, with all that banging. Then I heard Lorelai screaming at somebody, obviously upset about the time and the noise. As soon as I was about to dose off Aunt Babs goes outside and yells across the way to Lorelai and Rory. Ah, nothing like the small-town life. 

      I was over at the Gilmore's before Rory had to go to school and I had to work when Lorelai starts talking about a dream she had. "I had the weirdest dream last night. We were in our house but it wasn't our house. It was a Kentucky fried chicken."

    "I'm hooked." 

    "I had to get dressed, but my clothes were in the back, and the guy manning the giant oil vat would not let me through." Before she can continue Rory interrupts her. 

    "Oh my gosh! That's so weird! When you said oil vat that just reminded me, I had this dream last night. We were swimming in a pool, only it wasn't water. It was like oil or honey or something." So, she's gonna be one of those people.

    "Hey." Lorelai says.

    "What?" Rory asks, confused.

    "You totally did the thing."

    "What thing?"

    "The thing. Where one person is describing their dream and it reminds the other person about their dream and suddenly it's all about their dream. And the first person is just standing there  like 'Um, hey, man, what about my dream?'" 

    "I'm sorry. The oil-vat guy was being mean." Rory leads her back to her dream. 

    "Yes, and we knew him. He used to live in town. He was that guy who used to run the auto-body shop before Maybin Hewes bought it, remember him?" Lorelai asks.

    "No."

    "Yes, you do. He's really skinny." She gives so much detail. 

    "Oh, cause that clears it up." I say.

    "Peter Stringbean?" Rory asks. Okay, so apparently that description worked. 

    "No. Mm, that was the tall-circus-freaky guy who worked for him. This was the owner guy. What was his name?"

    "I don't know." Rory admits.

    "Yes, you do. Ugh, come on. It's gonna bug me all day. He was short and fat, and his name was.." Lorelai tries to prompt Rory to tell her. 

    "Johnny Mcshort and fat?" I butt in. 

    "Oh, now. Don't mock." She says as she gets up and goes out on their back porch. As she's talking with Luke, who's on their roof, Rory gets up and goes to the hall closet. I swear, that was a bathroom before. But, I stay at the table eating. This looks private. Then Lorelai comes back in saying something about a Jim Dunning when she sees Rory with a box, yeah this is definitely something between them two. So I sneak out the back and head across back to my house to get ready. I stop before I head in the door and look at Luke on the roof. He seems to be fixing their house all the time. I never see him at the diner anymore. It's always just me and Rachel. That's okay I guess, I just miss him.