Presenting Lorelai Gilmore

      "It sucks. I know it sucks. Just tell me it sucks." Rory rambles as Lorelai finishes reading her paper. 

      "It's great." 

      "And I have to agree." I tried to comfort her. 

      "No, it's not." Rory tried to refuse. 

      "It's an A."

      "Don't lie."

       "A-plus."

       "You're my mom." As they went back forth like they do I got distracted watching Sam run around the diner filling orders. I just couldn't seem to take my eyes off of him. 

      "Coffee, coffee, tea. Okay. What do you want? Eggs, toast, combo?" Luke interrupted my staring. 

      "What's the rush there zippy?" Lorelai asked him. 

      "I'm just swamped this morning. We were supposed to have help, but we don't." He explained as he pointed upstairs. "So, order right now or I'm having Sam bring all of you an egg white omelet with a side of steamed spinach." 

       "Pancakes!"

       "French toast!"

       "Waffles!" We all shouted our orders before he could leave. 

       "Thank you." As soon as he thanked us the mystery man of the hour came sauntering down the stairs. "Jess, you were supposed to be down here." He stopped in his tracks as he took notice of the shirt Jess was wearing. "What the heck is that?"

       "What?" As if Jess didn't know what he was talking about. 

       "That." Luke pointed at his shirt. 

       "That is a shirt." I got distracted again as Sam walked by smiling at me. I smiled back as I watched him walk away with the coffee pot. Dang, Luke does not look like that with the coffee pot. 

***

         After my doctor's appointment telling me that my baby was perfectly healthy and that he should be coming any week now I was headed to Lorelai's. Sam was still at work and I don't think Luke was going to let me stay there staring any longer. When I got to Lorelai's I just walked in like I normally do to see her sitting at the table studying. "Well, isn't that a rare sight to see?" I announced my presence.

        "I got bored. Nobody was around." Lorelai said as she turned around. "How was your appointment?" 

        "It was good, the doctor said everything was going perfectly. Any week now, and I'll finally be able to hold him."