The Breakup Part II

Gabby's POV

      It was a week later, and yesterday was the bonfire and the festival

      It was a week later, and yesterday was the bonfire and the festival. I love this town and all of their little quirks and events, somehow it just brings the whole small-town life together. I've never been happier that I ended up here, I know that my baby will grow up in a loving town that has so many people to love and care for it. This is exactly the kind of environment that I want for him or her. And I'm almost halfway to having them in my arms to hold and love, 19 and a half weeks pregnant. I felt the little nugget kick for the first time yesterday. I was laying in bed, with Apricot sleeping on my belly. And all of a sudden the cat jumps up. It was so sweet I cried for like two hours. Then, Lorelai called me and told me that Dean broke up with Rory, and Rory was acting weird. I felt bad for her because this was her first boyfriend, and I thought that he was perfect for her. But, things happen I guess. At least the gender reveal party tomorrow should help cheer her up. 

     The party is today and I was getting ready to go help set up at Miss. Patty's. I had to give Apricot her daily loves before I left the house, but then I was on my way. I don't know how much I was going to be able to help because my back has been hurting pretty bad, but I was going to try my best. When I got there Rory and Lorelai already had it almost completed. I was shocked because I knew that Rory had just broken up with Dean last night. But, here she was acting like nothing happened. 

     "Oh, hey Gabby. What are you doing here so early, the party isn't for a couple more hours?" Rory asked me. 

     "Yeah, but I thought maybe I'd come over and help set up." I looked over to Lorelai with a confused face. She just shook her head at me, silently telling me to not say anything. So I just went along with it. 

     "This party is for you, let us do everything. Sookie is cooking everything right now, and I have the decorations. We're good, you go to Luke's and rest or something." She  rambled on. 

     "Okay, I guess I'll see you guys later." I said goodbye as I left to Luke's. 

      As I walked in I noticed Rachel was walking around the diner like she owned the place. If I wasn't so close to Luke, I might have actually liked her. I know she was important to him once, but he won't tell me anything else about her. But, I don't like that she's back because I just know that she is going to hurt him again, and Luke is the kindest person. He doesn't deserve that. So, I hold my reservations against her, but Luke seems happy right now, so I guess I'll just tolerate her for now. I go to sit at the counter and order some food because, boy, is this baby hungry. When I sit down Luke comes over with a small smile on his face, barely noticeable. 

     "Hey Gabby, what can I get for you?" He takes out his notepad. 

     "Umm, I was thinking maybe blueberry pancakes with banana on top." I tell him. As he's writing it down I ask him about Rachel. "So, how long is she gonna be here?"