Emily in Wonderland

Gabby's POV

      It was a Saturday morning and I was working at Luke's

      It was a Saturday morning and I was working at Luke's. I'm trying to get as much money as I can for my baby, I want to be able to support him like he needs me to. So I take every chance to work that Luke will let me. Although that isn't a lot because he is so worried about me overworking, but I have assured him that when I need to stop, I will stop. Like, now, I'm taking a little break at the Gilmore's table until I get back to it. Our conversation comes to a stop when Luke comes over with their food. "Okay, french toast, bacon crispy, and pancakes two eggs over easy." He finishes as he sets the plates down. As soon I look at the plate, I know this isn't going to go well. 

     "Oh." Lorelai starts to protest.

     "What?" Luke is confused, which confuses me, shouldn't he know. 

      "You put the eggs on top of the pancakes." She tells him.

       "Oops." Rory interrupts.

       "Yeah, well, it's it's like two eyes staring at me. See I can't eat them like this." Lorelai explains.

        "Hence the oops." I say pointing to Rory.

        "What are you talking about you always order the same thing?" Luke protests.

         "Yeah, but you usually put the eggs on the side so that my breakfast is not ogling me."

          "It's the same food." Luke tries to argue.

          "Mmm, yeah. I need the eggs put on the side." 

          "You want a brand new plate."

          "Yes."

           "What if I take this plate in the back, I take the eggs off the pancake, I put the same eggs on the side, bring the plate back out. What happens then?" Luke asks.

            "Then I can eat my breakfast." Lorelai tells him. 

            "It's the same food, just a different configuration." Luke tries to explain. He will get nowhere with her. 

            "I won't know that."

            "I'm gonna take the plate in the back." He concedes as he takes the plate back. Lorelai then turns to Rory. 

            "So, what time does the judgmental express arrive?" She asks as she takes a sip of her coffee. 

            "Oh, I forgot she was coming. Thanks for reminding me, I shall be far away from her. Tell me when she leaves so I can come out of hiding." I interrupt. 

             "Grandma gets here at noon. Are you sure you won't do lunch?" Rory gives me a look, but ignores me. 

              "No. I can't. Lunch is bad." Lorelai denies her. Then, all of a sudden Rachel comes out of nowhere.