"We'll talk after the banquet."

"How should I act around those coming over?" Harry glanced at the rich wives coming our way and slightly smiled.

"Just stay by my side." I nodded softly and gripped the purse in my hand.

"Josie, Harry," Elizabeth greeted. "I'm so glad you were able to make it to my gala."

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Harry said. Danielle looked me up and down with disappointment. Then she scoffed.

"The two of you seem close after the incident in Singapore." The other two women looked down at their glasses of wine.

"Pardon?" Harry asked. I looked around the room and found others nervously staring and also gossiping about Harry and I.

"Danielle, did you tell everyone?" The witch shrugged.

"It was too good to be left alone."

"That doesn't give you the right to tell others about my husband's and my problems." Harry clung to my waist and his grip was actually kind of hurting.

"Actually. I have a question, Josie." I narrowed my eyes at Danielle. I glanced around the room quickly and imagined every eye on us, unless that wasn't my imagination, but reality. "Does Harry know you cheated on him when you were in New York?" I went stiff. But Harry only gripped my waist more.

"Yes." Harry simply said. "Again, it's none of your bushiness, Danielle." I looked up at him wondering if he really did know the truth or if he was just bluffing. Is that why he has been so standoffish? Oh no.

"This is too good. I must confess." Danielle clicked her tongue. "Harry never cheated on you, Josie, I staged the whole thing. I paid someone to flirt with him and kiss him then planted him in bed with his secretary, Liza James. Add a few cameras and a video tape and you have a fake affair. But you, it was too easy. You see, I couldn't just believe that someone like Harry would just simply marry a nobody like yourself. I researched your wedding and it was all a lie. You were married in December, not November. You two didn't even know each other in November. If that's so, then who's baby are you really pregnant with. An ex's back in New York who you tried to get away from. I also found out that you never even went to college. Let alone graduate high school. You've been living from paycheck to paycheck. That is ... until you met mister multimillionaire here. All your worries were washed away. So I have another question, Harry. What does Ms. Josie have on you that's keeping you with her?"

We've been exposed. Everyone was looking at us. My face was pale for sure. Harry's grip was almost straining me of breath. Then the tears began.

"Josie has nothing on me, Danielle. And you have one missing piece to the story. Josie and I met in London five years ago. I've known her since then. And I've been in love with her since then. When I found out she was in Washington, I made my move. And haven't regretted a second of it. I love Josie. And nothing is going to change that. She can cheat on me, leave me, not give me her love in return, but ... pathetically, I'll never stop loving her. I don't care for her background. I don't care for her lies. She can't stop me from wanting her."

Danielle seemed surprised. As did others in the room.

"Let's go," Harry grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the hall. I didn't question the action and allowed him to lead us back outside to the car.

Once the car was here, he opened my door and I climbed in. Then he got in and we drove off.

Unlike earlier, we spoke. "Did you actually know about my fling in New York?"

"With Ryan Platt?" I nodded. Harry sighed. "I didn't know you two hooked up until tonight. But I caught him calling you. I called your dad but he didn't know anything about it. Then I grabbed your phone while you were sleeping and went through your texts. The two of you had something go on in New York and I became jealous. I was going to tell you all of this after the party but Danielle got to it faster than me. Did ... did you know that I slept with someone in Singapore?"