Isabella Bielifeld CH 9

I had already met the elders of the Quileute Reservation and signed a treaty with them.  Of course, before I even headed this way, I cleared this with Aro.  He was wary but ok with it, saying that he trusted my judgment.  Also, the elders were not the only people I had to talk to.  I also had to speak to the werewolves here.  Apparently, they boys of this tribe had begun to change again.  The pack alpha, Sam Uley, and his 2nd in command, Jacob Black, met me at the border. 

                "Might I ask how you learned of us?" Sam asked, suspicions of me. 

                "In my early years, I came here alone.  I met a werewolf by the name of Ephraim Black" I told them.  "They called themselves the protectors of this reservation and vampires are your biggest enemies."

                Sam and Jacob both nodded.

                "There have been legends about you teaching Old Black how to battle vampires" Jacob told me. 

                "I am sure he overstated them quite a bit" I sighed.  "He was a natural fighter as well as a leader.  There wasn't much I had to teach him."

                "Not even 4 werewolves could take you down.  I'm curious as to if the 7 of us could do it" Sam grinned. 

                "Any other day, I would let you test that" I grinned back.  "But, I need to get back to my family."

                I didn't want a fight, not even if it was just a little sparing match.  I didn't want to hurt their pride. 

                They both laughed. 

                "As much as I hate vampires, I trust the legends about you.  However, I am not so sure about your coven, especially the newest 2 additions" Sam told me.  

                "Mariah and John both have enough self-control to be around humans.  Either way, I'm the only one not with a mate 24/7.  I don't think there will be a problem" I told them. 

                "Do these newborns have gold eyes?" Jacob asked. 

                "Not exactly" I told them.  "Their eyes are more in the middle, which is why they and their mates are staying home while we go to school... again" I groaned that last part. 

                They both laughed again. 

                "That must suck - repeating school over and over" Jacob chuckled. 

                "You have no idea" I sighed. 

                I left after that.