NINETEEN

Royalty's POV

After my break down today, I didn't say anything to Rodriguez. For those few minutes we seat in silent and after that he left without one word. I finished all my sessions with the other in mates. I was not even concentrating, my mind was lost somewhere else.

I pack my stuff and leave them there in the office. I slowly walked to Antoine's affice. I reach his office and stop on my tracks, I was about to knock but stop and think I've chosen the right decision. Instead I just walk in without knocking.

"Royalty," He looks up at me confused. "I thought we were going to discuss this tomorrow."

"I'm not here for that Antoine..." I pause taking a deep breath.

"I quit."

"What... no, you can't do this Royalty. Please not now at the time I really need your help." He pleaded with me.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to work here anymore. I can't take the pressure from you anymore. I'm sick and tired having to sit in this god damn prison, having to think about what I'm going to do, Either betray Rodriguez's trust just for you to keep him here in prison for your own fued. We made a deal by not exposing the in mates information, but no here i am trying to help you making Rodriguez confess to the things his done just to keep him here. I'm sorry but I don't work like." I said calmly trying to not raise my voice at him.

"You don't understand Royalty. That man is evil, he has destroyed so many lives and he doesn't deserve to see the light again." He shouted making me scared, but I sat there trying to calm myself.

"This is what I'm talking about, I'm not going to come in between your fued with him. I'm done and I'm not changing my mind. I've already packed my stuff and please don't call me to come back, because I won't." I said, standing up and left his office. I took all my stuff making sure i didn't leave anything behind.

"So this is it. I thought you were going to last longer than the others did." Scott said with a sad smile.

"Yeah, me too," I sigh. "I'll miss you Scott. Take care of yourself and your family." I said hugging him. He smiled at me and nods. I say my final goodbyes and finally left the prison without looking back.

Instead of going back home, I went to a restaurant not far from my apartment. I think it was were Summer worked. An Italian restaurant.

"Good evening miss, how can i help you?" A man with silver fox hair, with a deep Italian accent.

"Yes Please, can I have table for one." I ask the man who's name was written Francisco.

"I'm sorry miss do you have a reservation." He ask looking at his the list. I was about to answer when someone from behind answers before me.

"It's Ok Francisco, she's with me." I look behind me to see a tall handsome man, wearing a dark blue suit, He's eyes are hazel brown, with a hint of green.

I didn't really protest and just followed him to the table. Today I wasn't feeling like myself, the fact I'm following a stranger. He pulls out a chair for me and I thank him as I watch him sit across me.

"Can I ask why you helped me?" I ask raising an eyebrow to the stranger across me.

"You look like you had a rough day," He said with a soft chuckle. "So I just wanted to help."

"I'm Rovach, by the way." He said extending his hand. I slowly extend my hand protesting whether to trust this man. But he was nice to let me sit with him so I accept his handshake. I know better than to trust people, but it felt like a genuine feeling wasn't sure how I felt at the moment anyway.

"I'm Royalty. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said with a tight smile. He was just very odd for me, but he looked like a genuine person but not quite.

I was lost in thought, fidgeting with my food. Thinking how I was going to tell my parents I quit my job. Life as an adult was really stressful, I'm glad I don't have kids. It would have even made my life more stressful. I don't even know how I was going to get another job. I mean it was my first job at the prison and I have been there less than a month but things got complicated for me.

"Tell me what's the problem?" Rovach asked. I look up and dropped my fork and pick up my wine glass to take a sip.

"I've heard it's better to speak to a stranger!" I chuckle at his statement, which was actually true. Speaking to someone you don't about your life problems can be easy but also difficult because people can be judgey.

"I quit my job today. I was just thinking about how I was going to get another job." I sigh and he looks at me surprised.

"Why'd you quit your job?"

"My boss was putting to much pressure on me." He nods and continues to eat his food.

"I know how that feels." He mutters under his breath but I caught what he said.

"Well thank you for the lunch, even though it was necessary for you to help a total stranger." I smile and was about to pay for my lunch when he stopped me. I kindly accepted and was ready to go home.

I'm not the type to accept things from strangers, but today I was too sad today. I didn't even leave without a good note with Rodriguez.

"It was really my pleasure Royalty, Here's my number call me if you need anything. I'm always here to help." He gave me a business card and I looked to see his personal details on it, I thank him and left the restaurant.

Vote. Comment. Share

Dangerous Passion ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें