NINE

Royalty's POV

It was around 2 o'clock and my last patient just left. Which means Rodriguez was next. I was looking for ways to find his weak spot and brake him. He thought he can easily controll me, but I wasn't one of those easy girls he thinks he can easily manipulate.

I continue writing my notes down and wait for him to come. Time passes by and I was wondering where he was. An hour already passed. I stood up from the chair and went outside the door.

"Uhm Scott where is Rodriguez?" I ask him, he turns and looks at me, he shrugs his shoulder and continues standing there. I frown at his answer and went back inside the office. I was kind off disappointed he didn't show up.

I sigh and continue writing my notes. I take out my chocolate bar out of my lunch back and out if no where my office door opens. I look up to Rodriguez come in. He throws himself on the couch and lays down.

"You late Rodriguez." I take a bit out of my chocolate bar. He doesn't say anything and looks at the ceiling. It was kind off weird he usually makes fun of me.

I stand up and walk closer to him. He looks at me and I see bruises all over his face. I gasp and rush to get my first aid kit.

"What happened?" I ask him as I take my water bottle and pour it in the small bowl I was using earlier. I take a cloth and dip it in the water and wipe away the blood on his face. He hisses as I wipe off the blood on his face. I didn't sign up to clean up people's blood.

"One of the inmates wanted to pick a fight with me and I beat them up." He flinched in pain as I continue wash of the blood.

"Why would you do that Rodriguez, this could get you into trouble." He looks at me but doesn't say a word. This man never says anything and I was really getting annoyed.

I finish up and pack away everything and put them away. "Thanks." He muttered as he slowly layed down on his back.

"Now tell me what really happened?" I grab my chair and pull it closer to him.

"Well since I'm here for another few minutes, I'm guessing I can spare you some details." He said making himself comfortable.

"I'm always challenged here. The inmates want me to be weak, so I can fall on their knees. You know that's the problem about men here. They try to find someone who has power so they can seem to be bigger than anyone and since I'm the only one who they fear there's always going to be one person who will try to with their power to take me down."

It was really confusing. Why didn't he just tell me he had a fight with someone, instead of having to create a story so dramatic. "So you telling me someone fought with you, why didn't you just report them to the guards or something?"

He laughs bitterly. "Did you just hear yourself. You want me to report someone for trying to fight with me?"

I nod. "What's wrong with that?"

"Everything. I'm the most feared person in this goddamn prison and you would think I'll cry to sergeant Antoine. I can fight for myself anyway I don't need anyone to do it for me." He folds his arms and looks at me straight in the eyes.

"Where were the guards anyway?" I questioned.

"Standing and watching us fight. No one here in prison cares for anybody. You on your own, so you learn to fend for yourself."

He was a bit open with me. I liked that he was starting to warm up on me. There's progress with this. My office door opens and I see a guard coming in. I knew our time was over, so they took him away. I stand from my chair and went to sit on the table. As I write my note

RODRIGUEZ DE GREIFF
Date: 14/03/2019

{The patient slowly starting to open up. Noticed a few aggression and anger in him. He's  an Alpha male, never lets his guard down, very strong. He knows how to take charge but sometimes her impulsive.}

I didn't have much written about him, but this was a start and I know he'll end up talking one day. I pack my stuff and safely put my note boom away. It's important to have this book unharmed. It will be needed in the future anyway. I pass by Antoine' s office before I leave.

"Hey, my work is done. So I'm heading home now." I said as I turn to leave.

"Royalty wait," I stop and turn to face him. "There's something I want to ask you?"

I raise my eye brow and nod.

"You wouldn't mind going out with me this Saturday? He asked out of the blue. Which caught me out context.

I didn't know what to say. The fact my boss just asked me out. I blankly stare at him without a clue what to reply. Ok honestly it was really weird and odd at the same time. Most people wouldn't mind, he is cute and all but he isn't my type of guy I would actually date.

"My friend is having this thing and I told him I'll bring a date." He smile awkwardly not sure of what to do.

Since there would be more people it wasn't a bad idea of not agreeing to this. I give him a big smile and nod.

"Great I'll text you the details." He said and I frown. I never even gave him my number.

"I have your details written down including your personal number." He chuckles and goes back to his office. I frow my eyes brows and walk away.

Vote. Comment. Share