7

Groaning out of my sleep, popping one eye open I watched as my phone vibrated against my wooden chocolate colored night stand.

I remember the times when I was little I could sleep through anything. The morning car naps when my mother use to drive me to school and I could sleep passed the loud yelling of "The Steve Harvey Morning Show you just got pranked!" It seemed as I got older the smallest noises could wake me up.

Come outside- 11 p.m

Smirking at the text a little I raised out of my bed letting my head scarf stay on my head. In addition to the sweater I threw on, and Nike slides, I  was wearing  black Maleficent pajama pants with a black cropped tank top.

Not wanting to wake up my aunts who decided to spend the night or my mom, I grabbed my phone putting it on silent and tip toed down the stair case.

Ever since the kidnapping my mother made sure the security of the house was up to date, so the alarms of the house would go off if I opened the door, or put in the password hearing "Alarm off, front door opened!"

Slowly opening the kitchen window that was street level, I slowly slid out the window slightly closing it. 

Yawning I noticed the car once he flashed his lights twice, and hurried to the car before anyone could see me.

"Hey, what happened is everything okay?" I asked before fully closing the door looking at him while he rested his body against the car with no seat belt on. 

Licking over his lips, I could smell his cologne filling up the car as I took a deep breath. He smelled like a beautiful fall day, woody, aromatic.

"I missed you, that's all." 

"Oh." I looked to the left not wanting him to see the effect he had on me. My once tired looking face was fully awake now.

"But I was just with you," I managed to get out. I didn't want him to think I was as affected as he was, I didn't want to put my walls down too soon. Giving me a look he smacked his lips a little making me chuckle and nod. "You right, time doesn't matter. If you missed me, you missed me."

"You missed me?"

Yes.

"Maybe, I don't think so," I smirked holding up my hands to look at my manicure. 

"Hm." He looked around turning the music that was playing down a little. "You ate, you good?"

"Yea I did, did you?" His eyes roamed my body and he reached up in his seat to adjust himself. His arms touched mine sending chills through my body as he licked his lips. "Nah."

I don't know why that three letter word makes me feel like I need to get up and feed him.

"What's your password?" Reaching his right hand over to my thigh he quickly picked my phone  up.

"You never liked when I touched your phone before and you think I'm going to give you my password?" I shook my head looking out the window seeing a few people walk by but since the windows were tinted no one could see us.

"My password is 750179," he passed his phone with no care in the world while Summer Walker hummed through the radio.

"I told you I'm serious." He laid back in his seat staring at me, as I put in the passcode and rubbed my lips together not knowing what he expected me to do with it.

"What do you expect me to do with this?"

"I don't care." He shrugged. "I only asked for your shit because I wanted to send photos of you to my phone, can I get your shit now?"

"022118." I spoke seeing if he would be phased by it or anything, but he typed in the passcode like it was nothing.

"You know what that date is?" Slowly raising his head from my photos I watched as he started scrolling through sending pictures to himself. "Nah, what?"

Sucking my teeth I frowned. "Day you took my virginity."

Locking my phone he pushed it back on my lap. "Don't get an attitude just cause I didn't remember the exact date. That doesn't mean I didn't find it special."

"Whatever." I watched people suddenly interested in why people were out this late.

My virginity was always an emotional topic for me. Some would say because masturbation was something I participated in with a toy that I lost my virginity... to myself? That doesn't make sense to me at all, sex to me is an activity with another person.

My virginity was important to me, so important that the date was stamped in my brain. Him not knowing the date just pulled with my heart strings and I have no idea why.

"I'm serious Trinity," he grabbed my hand with one hand, and grabbed my chin making me face him with the other. "I knew it was in February around my birthday but I didn't know the exact date. You letting me take your virginity meant everything to me, it meant you trusted me enough to share your energy and explore you in more ways than one. I never took that for granted," he sternly stated with his eyes never leaving mine.

"I believe you, it's just a sensitive topic for me. I know it was a long time ago-"

"I get it, cheer up," he thumped my nose cutting me off.

A moment of comfortable silence passed by while we continued to hold hands, and I watched him take a rolled blunt out his pocket. "You don't mind if I smoke, do you?" He looked over to me for permission.

"Go ahead."

"You wanna hit?" Shaking my head I declined.

"I'm more of a drinker now than a smoker," I chuckled. "Every time I smoke something goes wrong. Either get nauseous or just too paranoid."

"Sorry to hear that." Cutting my eye at him we both busted out laughing.

"I need to get a wig or weave soon-"

"Why, I like your real hair." He complimented taking puff after puff.

"You gon' stop cutting me off," chuckling at me he motioned for me to continue. "Some brands not going to want to use my real hair, plus it's a protective style. I'm just indecisive and never know what type of hair I want to use, human hair expensive."

"I don't know why I'm telling you this like you care," I smiled to myself realizing that this is a grown ass man that doesn't care about some damn hair. It was just comfortable to talk to him about anything.

"I'm listening though." 

Not being able to help the smile that graced my face, I could see from the corner of my eye that he was smirking at me too.

"Get some horse hair, they shit nice too," giving me a serious look I rose an eyebrow as he nodded like he just did something.

"Hell no, I want human hair I can straighten and curl."

"Horse hair can't do that?"

"No nigga." I laughed.

"They shit luscious," continuing on the conversation he made a boring subject into something interesting. 

"I missed not having to love you from a distance," gulping down the spit that was in my throat, I had just realized that it was hard to keep this thick wall up with him.

"I missed being able to love you like I want to, too ma." the car continued to fill up with smoke, making me put down the window letting the smoke escape.

"You will always be my baby," Bryson Tiller and Summer Walker played on the radio as we both stared at each other.