8

"You look beautiful Simone," I smiled from the other side of the camera watching her pose for the birthday photo shoot.

Simone was a simple sweet girl, she didn't like over the top materialistic things, and at times really didn't want to pop.

When she asked me to set up a photo shoot for her birthday, I was ecstatic. Especially, when she admitted she was starting to be interested in modeling, I was going to do everything in my power to help her.

What type of friend would I be if I had the resources to help someone and I didn't?

"She's literally fucking the camera," Jim smirked continuing to take pictures as I rose my eyebrow at him

"I think we got it," Jim said before going back to the table he had set up to go through some things.

"Did I do okay?" Simone automatically asked once he left with a nervous face.

"You were literally built for this, you're going to love the pictures. Happy 19!" I hugged her rocking back and forth.

My nineteenth birthday had already passed and I did exactly what I wanted to, had a nasty nineteen party. A hotel party filled with sexual activities. Lingerie sold for free, dick shaped cups, ass thrown everywhere, it was a night to remember for me. If anyone left without a person on their arm, they didn't party right.

"Thank you for everything, it's funny because the same people who use to bully me for being different in middle and high school, blowing my instant messages up now," she shook her head, as I watched her check her iPhone.

"Niggas sweat the butterfly after they dissed the caterpillar."

-

"Vivian is stressing me out," Stacey huffed holding my hand as we walked to our trainer at the beach.

We both expressed that we were a little stressed and confused with situations, that we didn't feel like opening up about all the way. 

Stacey and I had a bond close enough that we didn't need to express exactly what we were going through for us to know we needed each other at the moment.

Stacey was extremely helpful during my situation and I was always there for her as much as possible when it came to her male and work problems. No matter how much we worked and traveled with each other, no one could take the space Shyan had as my favorite friend.

I didn't like saying the words best friend because every time I call someone that the friendship goes to shit, I didn't want to lose her.

"All this traveling at once. Three shoots in one day is she serious?" Stacey continued. 

We had just left Vivian's office to hear after Chicago we would need to head to Huston and Miami, for separate shoots and some together. I didn't mind all the traveling as long as I had time for myself.

After this I was taking a two week break, if I continued to run on work mode my body would crash.

"Just think about it in a few weeks you'll be with your man on an island for vacation," I tried to look at the positive making her stop walking.

"I hate when you try to be positive when I'm clearly wanting to be negative and dramatic."

"I'm suppose to brighten up your day," I pointed to my outfit. "Take this picture for me before I forget," I gave her my phone knowing it was time for my weekly post for FashionNova.

"Here." She quickly took the picture knowing I wasn't ready.

"Bitch-" I bucked at her making her laugh and run as I chased her all the way to the beach

-

"Take deep breaths," our trainer and spiritual instructor instructed as we did as told listening to the calming sound of the water.

"I'm going to work on the exercise we tried last week, Trinity first, come on," Mike instructed causing my face to frown up while Stacey chuckled.

"Ready?" Mike questioned laying on the sand as I put my thigh on top of his foot.

"Once I lift you up do not move, it's important to keep your body tamed. I'm going to hold you up for two minutes. Make sure to breathe," Stacey took out her phone snapping a picture of me being lifted into the air.

 Make sure to breathe," Stacey took out her phone snapping a picture of me being lifted into the air

Putting my arms down slowly, I closed my eyes taking deep breaths.

Meditating allowed me to leave my problems behind me and focus on the future. My problem was I was so scared by past events that I was scared to evolve.

If I had a book I knew for sure I would have been laughed at and critiqued about all my decisions, but I was beginning to not care about what others wanted or thought.

I needed to live for myself, needed to do whatever made me happy.

Happiness over everything.