• | Chapter Fourteen | •

Start from the beginning

"So, how's everything going with Javen? That's his name, right? The dirty blonde-haired, blue-eyed dude." Michelle asked and Riley nodded with a half smile.

"Everything's okay, I guess. He's always texting me to see what I'm up to and stuff." Riley said as she handed the notes back.

Truthfully, the constant blowing up of her phone from the text messages was a little irritating. She liked her me-time and she could barely spend time on herself without Javen sending her text every few minutes or even calling her. Not only that, her mind was consistently on Mr. Jackson, and him only.

Her thoughts had no room to spare for Javen or any other guy in her life right now besides her deceased brother. There would always be just a tad left for him.

Michelle knitted her eyebrows but she didn't add her two cents. "Well, I overheard that he asked you out on a date. Are you going?"

"Yeah." She shrugged halfheartedly, tapping her pencil against her notebook. "I don't really plan on going alone though. I was thinking about a double date or something."

"Oh, that's cool." Michelle nodded to herself and busied herself with her school supplies.

Riley propped her chin onto her hand again as she watched her. "What about you? Are you seeing anyone?"

A small smile slowly crept onto Michelle's face. "Yeah, you could say that. We're in the talking stage, too, right now."

Riley's face lit up with an idea. "Hey, maybe we could all triple date or something like that. What do you think?"

"Maybeee..." She drawled, sounding unsure and shrugging her shoulders. "I'll think about it." Michelle quickly changed topics before Riley could further question her. "I've also noticed you're Mr. Jackson's assistant. How's that going?"

Riley couldn't suppress the grin on her face and Michelle raised her eyebrows in surprise. "It's going really good. I enjoy it."

"Uh-huh. You two became acquainted pretty well." Michelle smirked, causing Riley to blush and roll her eyes. "I still can't believe you two hugged. So many girls at school would fight you for that opportunity."

"Boys, too." Riley laughed to herself, clearly remembering the his first day on the job and how obvious some of her male classmates were ogling his perfect backside. "I don't understand how it's that possible for one man to have that much beauty. He's so stunning."

"Someone's sprung." Michelle teased in a sing-song tone, similar to how Jay would tease her.

"I am not sprung, he's just really handsome and sweet. He actually helped me with my calculus when most teachers would've just dismissed my struggles or give me some bullshit advice." Riley felt her mind drifting off to him once more. "He's honestly one of the best teachers without even trying."

Michelle playfully narrowed her eyes as she stared at Riley, her arms folded across in front of her on top of the table. "You like-like him."

Riley bit back her smile and looked down at her notes, pretending to look over them.  "And here we go. You're starting to sound like Jay."

"It's obvious you like him!" Michelle exclaimed with a laugh, suddenly hearing someone shush her. She rolled her eyes and lowered her voice. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. Girls get a crush on their teacher every now and then, that's nothing new. You have a little innocent crush on Mr. Jackson, no biggie."

"But weren't you the one that said he possibly," Riley's face screwed up at the term. "masturbated to me or whatever? So what's going on with him, then?"