His reply was his smile widening. I was very uncomfortable with how much he was smiling. It was starting to get creepy.

I cleared my throat as I prepared to break the awkward tension.

"I need to use the bathroom" I said quietly, walking towards the door. He hummed in acknowledgement, but never said anything else.

I went inside the bathroom and let out a sigh of relief. I have to keep reminding myself that behind those good looks and devilish smiles, these people were bad. They are holding me against my will. My goal is to find a way to escape from them.

They may laugh and smile with me, acting as if I'm not their prisoner. But I know better and I refuse to let their charming smiles get to me. We all know that one slip up and they won't hesitate to kill me if they want to.

I mean if they were to let me go, I wouldn't tell a soul about what happened because I value my life, even though my life is a mess right now.

I was so deep in thought, thinking about all the possible outcomes. They could sell me in human trafficking, even though Luca had assured me that they didn't do that, I still wasn't convinced.

They could kill me and dispose of my body and nobody would know, because there wouldn't be anyone looking for me. Maybe Avery would be concerned, but I doubt she would try to find me.

I have told her on more than one occasion that I wanted to run away from here. So her not hearing from me would not spark concerns because she would think that I finally followed through with my plans. Especially, since I'm sure she must have heard about what happened at the restaurant.

Here? Where am I? Am I still in New York or did they take me to another country? I had no idea where I was right now, but here I am planning an escape from God knows where.

What has my life come to? I have no one and I'm here being punished for being nosy. I guess that's why they say you shouldn't stick your nose in other people's business. But no, I had to see what was happening in that alley.

I shouldn't blame anybody but myself. If I had just went on home like I was supposed to, probably I'd be in my apartment right now wallowing in self-pity or better yet homeless.

I mean this isn't the ideal situation to be in, but at least there was a roof over my head and people with guns threatening to kill me. Yeah, story of my life.

"Are you done yet? You've been in there like forever" I heard a muffled voice through the door.

Oh right. I was supposed to be using the bathroom.

"I'll be out in a minute" I called back, not wanting to anger who was on the other side of the door.

I searched for a spare toothbrush and when I found a few, I used one and did my business. I stepped out timidly, holding my head down in fear.

"I'm not going to hurt you" Enzo said walking towards me.

Just as he reached out to touch me, I flinched back.

I glanced at his face and saw him frowning, with what seem to be worry in his eyes. After the way in which Emilio had treated me last night, I was now afraid of doing the wrong thing and possibly getting punished.

"You must be hungry" he said, the same time my belly rumbled in agreement.

I felt embarrassed, but he only laughed it off and told me to follow him. I felt a little at ease in his presence, but I'm not stupid to let my guard down. He had this easy going vibe about him that made it impossible not to like him.

Following behind him, I took this time to admire the interior of the mansion. I didn't get the chance to do so before, because a certain someone was in a rush.

The walls were painted in a cream color, portraits and paintings hanging on the walls, with a few statues along the walls. The ground was covered with elegant white tiles. The person who did the interior design clearly had a feminine touch.

When we got to the stairs, I was in awe. It was a grand staircase that went down in a little spiral against the wall. The first floor was white, literally- the floors, ceiling, walls and decorations. It was a combination of white and gold.

There was a huge chandelier a few meters in the ceiling away from the stairs. This mansion screamed money. Everything in it looked so fragile, that I was afraid to even breathe too close to anything. I could not afford anything in this house.

Enzo never once looked back to see if I was following him. I was grateful for that because I'm sure he would be looking at me weirdly with my mouth wide open in awe.

We went around a few corners until we got to the kitchen, which was spotless. It looks as though it has never been used before. It was a modern kitchen with all the finest appliances. This was any chef's dream kitchen.

"What would you like to eat?" he asked already making his way to the fridge.

"Anything is fine" I said unsure.

"I can't cook, so here" he said placing a box of cereal and a carton of milk before me. He also got me a bowl and a spoon.

How thoughtful. I chuckled a little in amusement while he scratched the back of his neck nervously. Why was he nervous? If anyone should be nervous it should be me.

"After youre done I can give you a tour if you'd like" he said chuckling.

"Sure" I said with a mouth full of cereal. I probably looked like squirrel that packed its mouth with way too many nuts.

So he wanted to give me a tour. Does he want me to escape, because that must be the only logical reason why he'd show me around?

I was scarfing down the cereal as though I hadn't eaten in days, but was only a day. After I was finish I pat my stomach and relaxed in the chair I was sitting in.

"Are you ready?" he asked after a while. I nodded my head and followed after him as he exited the kitchen.

He showed me the first floor which consisted of a grand foyer, two bathrooms, three bedrooms, a ballroom, living room, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, pantry, game room, theatre, a study, a gym indoor pool and a bar. Outside had a pool, jacuzzi, garden and tennis court.

The top floor had six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a library, an office and a few other rooms that were off limits. The office too was off limits. He also informed me that there was another level below the first floor that was also off limits.

After the tour he convinced me to watch tv with him. He wasn't so bad after all. I was starting to warm up to him.

We were now sitting on the sofa arguing over whether or not Jake and Amy from Brooklyn Nine-nine would date.

"Don't be stupid, it's clear that he has a major crush on her" I said annoyed.

"Oh really? Does that mean you have a crush on me? Because we're here fighting and bickering likes them" He said smiling victoriously.

He leaned in and I thought he was going to kiss me, when a pillow hit me on the head.

"What the hell?" I asked holding my head.

"This is how crushes are supposed to interact with each other, no?" he teased, grinning from ear to ear.

I got up ready to attack when he ran away squealing like a girl. I couldn't help but laugh as I chased him around the house. I know he was running slowly on purpose so that I could keep up with him, but that didn't bother me as I jumped on his back.

He landed on the ground with a thud and I landed on top of him. In a blink of an eye he had managed to flip around with me now straddling his waist.

"If you wanted me so badly you could have just told me" he said with a wink clearly enjoying the position we were in. I flushed in embarrassment and just as I was about to get up off him the front door opened.

"What the hell is going on here?" Emilio boomed, with Luca beside him trying to hold in his laughter.