Chapter 2

Next day.

Nandini’s pov.

I opened my eyes and looked at the watch, it was 7 am. Oh god, I am getting late for the hospital. I thought with a scarred face and sat up only to see a small angel sleeping beside me with her small arms wrapped around my stomach.

How did I forget? That I am married and I have taken leave from the hospital. I looked at the Man who was sleeping beside Aarohi, who is my husband. I sighed as anger built in me for Mr. Malhotra.

He shouldn’t have said yes to Marriage but he was nice last night. Thank god, he didn't turn out to be a bad person. I looked at Aarohi and felt sorry for her. She had to stay away from her mother just because of her parent’s dispute. I will try my best to take good care of her.

I kissed her forehead and slowly took her hand off my stomach. I took my clothes from my suitcase and went inside the washroom to take a shower.

I came out wearing a beige and red color net designer saree to look like a newly wedded bride. I wore my nuptial chain and applied some sindoor (red powder) on my head partition. I kept my hair open and applied some light makeup.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I was looking like a new bride. I heard a knock on the door and I immediately opened the door as I didn’t want to disturb Aarohi’s sleep.

The person who knocked on the door was Nyonika Aunty, Manik’s mom. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

She came near me and said while keeping a hand on my head. “My daughter-in-law is looking so beautiful.”

I smiled and said. “Thank you, aunty.”

“Please call me mom, Nandini.” She said cupping my face.

“Okay, mom.” I saw while nodding in yes.

“Nandini, today is ‘mooh dikhai’ ceremony and you even have to make a sweet dish as today is your 1st day here in this house.” She said in a polite tone.

“Okay mom, I will make a sweet dish,” I said nodding in yes. Mom turned around to leave when I remembered something so I stopped her and asked. “Mom, can you suggest to me any sweet dish?”

“Aarohi loves Gaajar ka Halva (Carrot pudding) a lot. So you can make that if you want even Manik loves it. They have many things in common.” Nyonika said. I nodded in yes and went towards the kitchen.

I went towards the kitchen and saw 2 lady cooks there. They looked at me and gave me a polite smile. I smiled back and asked. “Can you both please help me?"

“Of course, Ma’am.” One of the ladies replied. I started instructing them about the things I want and I cooked Gaajar ka halva.

I walked towards the hall and saw mom sitting there. It was a little weird for me as this House is new. She looked at me and said with a smile. “Nandini, sit here.”

I sat there and she continued. “I know that it feels a little weird at first. But try to get comfortable around, okay?” I smiled and nodded in yes.

We talked on few random topics and I felt that she was trying her best to make me comfortable. She is a very nice lady. After few minutes a lady came near Nyonika.

“Aunty, I will just go and wake Aarohi up.” That lady said and I frowned. 'Who is she?' I thought.

Mom looked at me and said. “Nandini, she is Priya, she takes care of Aarohi." I nodded in yes and mom looked at Priya saying. "Priya, she is Nandini, Manik’s wife and Aarohi’s mom.”