Chapter 25

~LET’S BREAK UP!~

Writer’s pov.

Manik looked at Nandini who was sitting on the swing looking at stars. He went a little near her when he heard her sobs. He frowned seeing her crying.

“Nandini?” Manik called her softly.

Nandini wiped her tears and looked at Manik. He came near her and sat beside her looking at her. While Nandini looked at the ground trying to hide her tears.

“I am your boyfriend that doesn’t mean that now you can’t share your problems with me. Always remember I am your friend first and then your boyfriend.” Manik said keeping his hand on her shoulder.

She kept her head on his shoulder and cried in a low tone. He kept patting her hairs. After sometimes she stopped crying and wiped her tears.

Manik cupped her face and asked. “What happen Nandini, why are you crying?”

She looked down at her hand and didn’t say a word.

“If you don’t want to share then it’s okay.” Manik said in a soft tone. “But if you are crying because of whatever happened tonight then please don’t. I will never let anyone harm my family.” Manik said trying to calm her down.

“It’s not about Alya. It’s about Aarohi.” Nandini said in a low tone.

“Aarohi? What Aarohi.” Manik asked in a confused tone.

“Manik she came to know that I am her stepmother. What if she starts hating me? What if now she doesn’t love me the way she uses to do? What if she goes away from me? You know Manik she is the only reason we are together right now.” Nandini said in one tone.

Manik smiled seeing her insecurity. He can see how much she love Aarohi. He held her waist and hugged her tightly.

“We are so lucky to have you in our life.” Manik said hugging her tightly.

Nandini broke the hug and looked at him angrily. Here 1000 types of questions are roaming in her head and he is telling her about how lucky he is!

Manik laughed seeing her glaring at him. She glared more and he stopped seeing her seriously angry. He took some deep breath to control himself from laughing.

“Nandini, she is small. She won’t remember anything. Tomorrow when she will wake up she won’t even remember ‘stepmother’ word so chill baby.” Manik said kissing her forehead.

“But what if she comes to know when she will get big? Then she will hate me Manik. I can’t even think my life without her. I don’t want her to know this truth that I am her stepmother.” Nandini said as tears formed in her eyes.

“Please don’t cry Nandini. Even I don’t want Aarohi to ever come to know about this truth. And if she came to know about it then Nandini, I trust our child, she will see your heart, not a blood relation. She will still love you in the same way like she does today. I know my Aaru will grow into a beautiful sensible girl. So you don’t need to be insecure.” Manik said in soft tone kissing her head.

“But what if she came to know about it at the age when she is not that mature enough? I don’t want to see her hating me.” Nandini said looking at her lap.