TWENTY ONE: Decisions

Start from the beginning

The door to the living room slammed shut as we all turned around to see a furious Caleb. He was standing with his back against the door and his head in his hands.

My family and I all glanced between each other until I finally let a sigh leave my lips and pulled myself up.

"Wish me luck" I whispered lowly as I began walking towards Caleb.

I had to really control my breathing as I got closer to him and his scent filled my senses.

"Caleb..." I called out softly, standing a couple of paces away from him.

He didn't move. He just stared at the floor and let his hands stop to his sides.

"Caleb, are you ok?" I asked, a little louder.

"You're going to hate me, I keep f*cking up!" His voice came out as a whisper but it was harshly spat.

I didn't say anything because I didn't need too.

I knew that this meant Ruby was going to get away with what she did. He didn't want to punish her, he didn't want to hold her accountable.

I let out a disappointed sigh.

I sort of knew this was coming but I guess I hoped he would be just as angry as I was.

I guess when I really think about it, I didn't want her to be killed or hurt but I definitely want her to be held accountable and punished. She took the most sacred thing away from me and she is getting off with a slap on the wrists... next he will be telling me that she is still going to be a part of this pack.

I guess I sort of knew that was coming because this has been her home for years now... this has been her home... this has been her family... she was apart of their family...

I rolled my eyes thinking about how stupid I have been.

This girl has been apart of the pack for years. She's been in there lives for so long and this would be so hard for them all to deal with.

A wave of guilt hit me in an instant.

I have been so naive.

I pushed Caleb to the side and opened the door to a very shocked group of people.

Kai's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Ruby's tear stained cheeks flushed red with anger as she rolled her eyes and the Alpha and Luna both cocked their heads to the side slightly.

I could hear Caleb walk in behind me and before anyone could speak, I quickly said what I needed to say.

"Don't punish Ruby" my voice was rushed and a little shaky.

"I cant make you all punish someone that has been apart of your lives for so long. I cant be the reason you are all put in such a horrible position. I don't want to make you choose between us." My eyes began to fill with tears as the guilt consumed me more and more. "I don't know what to say or do right now but I just really don't want to cause any of you turmoil or grief." I finished with a shaky sigh.

I looked between the eyes of the storm family. Kai looked annoyed, frustrated almost. Alpha and Luna were looking at each other having a silent discussion between the both of them.

I refused to turn around and see Calebs reaction so that left me with one pair of eyes to connect with... Ruby's.

It was obvious that she was lost for words. Her reaction filtered between shock, confusion, frustration and relief. It eventually ended up with her blinking her eyes quickly as she relaxed into her seat, I assume feeling confused.

"Sophia," Caleb's voice trailed off as I felt his hand reach out and touch my shoulder.

"Sophia, you are incredible" he whispered softly, loud enough for it to be audible to everyone. "You are so caring and so wise beyond your years but we are not going to ask that of you." He added, pressing his torso against my back.

"Soph, she doesn't deserve your kindness" Kai broke the tense silence. I looked over at him with a confused looked but before I could respond Alpha Brad bet me to it.

"This is true, Ruby really doesn't deserve your kindness and we have already come to a decision on what we are going to do." Catherine rested her hand on her husbands shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze.

I looked between everyone in the room, Kai nodded emotionlessly, and Caleb squeezed my shoulder slightly, while ruby looked to the ground.

"We hope you are ok with what we have decided, we have been trying to accomodate everyone's feelings." Luna Catherine gave me a worried look.

My nerves picked up as I waited to hear the words.

'Ruby will still be a part of this pack'
'Ruby will still live here'
'Ruby will still be apart of this family'

"Ruby is being banished back to her family pack"

A/N:

I know... you all hate me. I'm sorry. I've been MIA for sooooo long now. I have  really  been struggling to find the time and/or motivation to sit down and add to this story.

I have had a heap of people message me asking about Lucas and I. We are both happy and healthy. A lot of you put two and two together and realised that I announced my break up and birth of Lucas quite close together, I think around 11 months to be exact. I have received a heap of messages judging me and saying "wow you moved on fast" "did you get pregnant and try to trap him so he left you?" "Is your ex your baby daddy" I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ONCE AND ONLY ONCE... It is none of anyone business. Yep, I'm a single mum. No, I didn't try to 'trap' anyone, hence the reason I am a single mum. I'm doing a great job and my little baby boy (who is now 9 months old and isn't really a little baby anymore omg) is happy and healthy so that is all that matters to me.

Anyway, thank you for the love and support. I hope you enjoy this addition.

P.s: I WILL BE FINISHING THIS STORY.