Sebastian.

His name came out like a desperate breath. His posture tensed with her voice. She watched the strong muscles across his back flex under his t-shirt. His hands dropped from his face. He turned toward her, those clever purple eyes danced with light. He was in front of her in less than three seconds, his hands on her face, his lips tasting hers. She didn't even realize she was crying until he was whispering comforting things against her mouth between fevered kisses.

"I can't believe you're here." She really couldn't. There was a moment of panic where she wondered if that was some cruel joke set up to break her completely or maybe even than her mind had finally shattered and she had made it up all on her own. Even in her hands she questioned the realness of his skin against her own. She was shaking, her palms moving up to grip his lower back.

"Of course I'm here," Sebastian teased. He was tilting her face up, eyes moving over every square inch of her tear-stained cheeks. "If you're here, I'm here."

"Seb," Madeline hiccupped a sob. "She's my mom."

"What?" Sebastian loosed his grip, letting her move a few inches from his grabby hands.

"The Mother, she's actually my mom," Madeline whispered. "That's why I'm here. That's why she brought me here."

Sebastian nodded. He had a lot of questions but there was a dull ache in the back of his skull that reminded him that they needed to work fast.

"We need to go," he whispered.

"There's no way out. They are watching me like crazy," Madeline explained. "They can do things. Sebastian I saw her kill a maid without even lifting her hand. She crushed her without doing a thing." 

"I have a way out. The Elders gave me something to get us out of here," he was digging through his bag for the small bottles he'd been given before. He palmed them, ready to explain the situation when the door opened. Sebastian didn't think before he let the glass slide inside his right pocket. Madeline gulped at the sight of the eldest Brother.

"Time to come with me, lover boy." He smiled with those razor teeth, eyes twinkling with amusement. Sebastian would've tried to fight him off but there was an unseen force twisting around his arms like thick vines. He stumbled forward, his legs moving without his consent.

"Who knew our sister was such a bad little girl," he smirked. "Mother would like you to go have some tea with her since you decided you were feeling better."

Madeline ignored his comment, taking a frantic step toward Sebastian but stopped short after the eldest shot her a cautionary squint.

"Where are you taking him?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head over it," he smiled before following Sebastian's possessed steps out the door. Madeline tried to run after them, not quite sure what she would do even if she had managed to reach the retreating couple. She was caught mid-move by the same maid that had led her back to her room earlier.

"Are you ready, miss?" The young woman asked, her eyes trained on her own toes. Madeline agreed. She needed to speak with her dear old mom anyway. She would do whatever it took to ensure that no harm would come to Sebastian.

oOo

Sebastian had been thrown into one of the very cells he'd passed on his way inside the castle. The Brother hadn't released him from the magic hold until he'd collided with the harsh stone that made up the floor. He refused to give the evil male the satisfaction of knowing he'd finally succeeded in causing him pain.

"I'm sure we will meet again soon," the Brother smiled at Sebastian's tense form. Once the room was clear of henchman the invisible reached into his pocket and let out a small sigh of relief. After his less than graceful entrance to the cell he was worried about his escape. The bottles had survived.