-14- Finally

~(Y/N)'s POV~

When we unfused, I still held Pearl in a dip. My face inflamed. I helped her back up, her eyes still closed.

I looked at the others. Garnet had that 'OMG! A fusion!' look on her face, still. Ame had that almost contagious smirk on her face. And Steven still had stars in his eyes.

Steven ran up to us, "That was so cool! You guys looked amazing!"

I could feel the heat on Pearl's face as Steven held the both of us, "I'm still surprised it even happened. I mean I wanted it to happen. And we needed it to beat that beast, but I didn't expect (Y/N) to initiate the Fusion."

Ame perked up at that, "You started it (Y/N)?"

"Well, yeah," I went in a slightly defensive stance, "We had to fuse to defeat the monster, and I knew Pearl wouldn't start it. I just did what I needed to to keep us safe."

"Let's head on back," I placed my hands behind my back, "Come on."

When we warped back, I told the others I would see them in a bit and went to my room.

About an hour later, I heard Pearl's voice, "(Y/N)."

I turned to her, I then motioned for her to sit next to me, "What's up? You okay?"

She sat next to me, that signature teal blush covering her face, "I have a question."

I motioned for her to go on, "Well. I would like to know... To know if you just fused with me to beat the monster? Well, I'm really asking if you wanted to fuse with me."

My eyes widened, "I... Yeah... I wanted to. I just... Felt like it was the only way to beat the monster. And..." I didn't want to admit how I felt, knowing she still loved Rose, but I had to, "I wanted to show you I trust you. I guess? I mean, when we almost fused before, I was afraid. But not of fusing with you, of letting you know how I feel."

She looked me in the eye, "Feel?"

"Yeah," I faced her, "I know you don't love me back. But I love you. I'm sorry if this makes things weird. I just had to tell you. If this makes things too weird, I can just go live with Lapis and Peridot..." I went on rambling.

But I couldn't go on too much longer. My voice abandoned me as Pearl placed her hand on my cheek. Her thumb ran over the corner of my mouth, "Sometimes you talk too much."

My face had to be on fire by now. I would have expected Pearl to remove her hand, like when you touch the top of a flaming hot oven. But she kept her hand there. I was breathless. She was smiling at me. She soon brought her face to mine. We sat there for a solid minute. Her forehead touching mine, our lips merely a centimeter apart.

I finally realized she wanted me to finish the action. And I did. Her lips felt so soft. It was pure bliss. She kissed back almost immediately. The action lasted for what felt like forever. Being that we were two beings that didn't need air, we could go on like this forever should we want to.

But in the end, we both slowly pulled back. I didn't open my eyes. I couldn't. It felt like heaven.

"(Y/N)?"

I then opened my eyes, "Ye... Yes? What is it?"

She smiled, "I love you too."

My brain finally registered what happened. I bolted up, "But you can't!"

She had this confused and kind of hurt look on her face, "Why can't I?"

"It's... I... Rose... I..." I couldn't speak, my mind was everywhere at once.

She smiled at me, "Sure I loved Rose back then, but... I'm over her. I got over her a while after Steven was born. Rose is gone. You helped me realize that. You helped me accept that. And... Sooner or later, I found myself wanting to be with you."

She got up and hugged me, "I'm sorry if this is all too much."

"No..." I couldn't breath, in a good way, "It's just right." 

It was simply Beautiful.