-7- Training for Stevonnie

It was training day once more. I couldn't believe it had only been a week since I was taken by Sphene.

"Hey Pearl," She turned at my voice, "Mind if I sit in on training?"

"Are you sure (Y/N)?" Connie popped up, "We're still doing Fusion training."

"Thanks for the concern," I stepped backward a bit, "But, I need to get over that stupidity. Might as well do it in a safe environment. I've never had a problem around fusions, why should it be any different now?"

"I don't know (Y/N)," Amethyst shifted on her feet, "It just seems like a bit too soon."

I smiled, "Ame, I'm perfectly fine. Fusion isn't a bad thing if it's done with the right person. I might not be ready to fuse with someone myself, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't fuse in front of me. I'm fine as long as everyone is happy! You don't need to worry about me, I've never been better! Sphene is gone, and I no longer have to worry about her coming for me."

Pearl finally spoke up, "Were you worried about her before? You never seemed worried about anything."

I shrugged off the idea, "I guess I'm a good actress."

"If she says it's okay," Garnet motioned to the Warp, "But you have to promise that if it gets too much for you, you will step out."

I did an exaggerated earth salute, "Aye-Aye Cap'n!"

We all warped to the ruins.

"You ready Steven, Connie?" Pearl began instruction, "Let us begin."

Garnet flipped her 'fusion sign' as Stevonnie formed. Stevonnie began her fight against the hollow-pearl 'fusion.' I watched them fight in harmony. It was almost magical how they floated across the arena. Well I guess it is magical.

Their sword clashed with the Hollow-Pearl's spear.

"Yo Stevonnie! You are on a roll!" Amethyst cheered, throwing her arms in the air, "You got this!"

I stood, Amethyst gave me a worried look as I shouted, "Great job Stevonnie! You got this! Kick that holographic butt!"

"Yeah bro!" Ame was happier now she knew I was okay.

It kinda upset me that I had worried them by staying in my room for such a longtime. I just didn't want them to have to see this stupid mark all over me. This is my burden, I hate that they had to get involved. Even if I needed them. I'm just weak without the gems. My weapon is pathetic, I had shut down the second I heard her voice, and overall...

The practice was over. We warped back, and Pearl made her way back to her room. Connie got to just hang out with Steven, and the others did, whatever.

I took the route to Pearl's room from my own, "Hey Pearl."

I must have startled her, she jumped, "My gosh! Sorry (Y/N)! I didn't notice you coming in. What do you need?"

"Well," I rubbed the back of my neck, my other arm wrapping around my body for comfort, "Could you maybe..? Train me? I just want to be a bit stronger, so I can help you guys!" My eyes made their way to my feet, "I... I want to be useful to you guys. I need to be stronger."

"(Y/N)," Pearl landed before me, "Is this just because of the whole Sphene thing last week?"

"No!" My eyes widened, a slight heat rose to my face, "I mean... I guess it was a wakening. I'm just not powerful enough to fight. I'm not powerful enough to fight for you... for Steven! I'm not powerful enough to fight Sphene, let alone the Diamonds! I'm dead weight! I... I'm useless to you guys."

"(Y/N), you're not useless..."

"Pearl, save it. Just let me know, can you train me or not?"

Pearl breathed slowly, thinking, "I guess I could give you some private lesions, see if I can modify some things to fit your weapon..." She started trailing off, mumbling.

"I'll see you... tomorrow?"

She snapped out of her thoughts, "Oh! Yeah, we can start tomorrow. I should have a lesson plan by then."