-5- Falling Apart

~Dravite's POV~

"I can't!" I can barely hold myself together, "They keep tugging at me!"

I fell to the ground. I can't hold on anymore! (Y/N) needs to move on! She has moved on! Sphene can't accept it! Sphene won't accept it!

"I'm not supposed to be a thing!" The Gems(?) crowded around me, not fighting me, trying to take care of their friend who was trapped in me, "I need to separate!" I turned to (Y/N)'s friends, "Make sure you never see me again! Please! Do it for (Y/N)!"

And with that, I was no more.

~Pearl's POV~

"Don't worry (Y/N)," I picked up (Y/N)'s unconscious form, "I got you, don't worry."

I carried her back toward the door. The invading Gem was awake, and she was lashing out. It made me worry about how she treated (Y/N). (Y/N) looked so broken. I guess the invader's name began with 'S', because it was a part of that gastly insignia. Some of them had had a little time to heal, but a few of them looked raw. It hurt to see her like this.

(Y/N) had always seemed so strong. She was my rock. When Rose started her relationship with Greg, (Y/N) was the one that comforted me. She told me that it wasn't worth being so upset. She told me that if Rose chose Greg, Rose wasn't worth my love.

(Y/N) was always a steady place that I could go to when I was upset. She was a 'rock' for so many of us. But she always was there for me and Steven. No matter what.

"I am Sphene Facet-7C9A Cut-6XB!" The invader yelled in frustration, "Captain of the Facet's top army! I took down the Nexwarn star system! I will not be beaten! I won't let you take her from me!"

With that, the ship crashed around her. Dissipating her form, making her retreat into her gem.

Garnet walked over to the fallen gem, "I'm bubbling her."

Stevonnie unfused, so it was Steven alone who spoke next, "Are we sure that's the best plan? She's not corrupted."

Garnet bubbled the gem and sent it on it's way, "Maybe, but she has some serious issues. And she took out those issues on our (Y/N)."

"She's right Steven," Amethyst walked over to him, "You saw the effect she had on our girlie."

They looked over at the form of the girl in my arms. Her eyes closed, she looked so peaceful.

(Y/N) snuggled into me slightly as Connie came over to us, "Is she going to be okay?"

"I believe so Connie," I smiled, my face heating up slightly, as the sleeping (Y/N) smiled.

We all walked back to the Rubies' ship, "You want me to carry her for a bit?" Garnet inquired as we reached the ship's entrance.

"I might have to give her to you," I frowned slightly at the idea, "Just so I can drive the ship."

I sat (Y/N) down with the others and made my way to the captain's controls. It worried me that she winced when she was sat down.

In the days following, (Y/N) barley left her room. That worried me, to say the least.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

My room in the temple had to be the most modernized. It looked more like those one-room studio apartments. Well, one lacking a bathroom and kitchen. There was a bookshelf, almost creating a wall across an endless room. Lucky for me, the bookshelf was endless too. I had a rather large bed, hanging from the non-existing ceiling. I had a few other hanging furniture, a few hammocks of sorts. I guess I just like the feeling of being free, and that's kinda reflecting in my room.

I've just been reading some old fantasy books. Mostly the happy ones. The ones I first found when I came in this room the first few times. Ones where the hero doesn't suffer though too much trauma. The one I am reading for the fifth time this week, was a simple romance story. Two girls from different gangs fall in love, and have to fight against the flow of their city in order to be together.

I liked that. I liked that their love was true. The two characters cared about one another. In one of the gang fights, the main character's lover got a deep cut on her leg. The main character ran over to her and tended to her wounds. No revenge, so possessive antagonizing, just, 'are you okay?'

"(Y/N)?" Pearl's voice rang out from the 'doorway' connecting our rooms, "(Y/N) are you in here?"