-11- A Talk with Amethyst

"So what was that all about?" Ame had burst into my room, as she often did, to talk to me, "That thing with Pearl."

I knew what she was talking about, "What are you talking about Ame?"

She gave me that look, then a realization hit her like a truck, "You like her!"

I immediately jumped on her, covering her mouth, "Shh! All our rooms are connected remember! I'm sure if you're too loud, she'll be able to hear you!"

"Calm down girlie!" She laughed, "I'll be fine! I'm sure she likes you back! You like to do all that neat freak stuff with her. And you two are always super close. Even in height! You're only two or three inches shorter than her. You both even do that 'mother bird' thing when it comes to Steven."

"'Mother bird thing'?"

"You know!" She moved her hands as she started to explain, "That whole, 'putting his happiness first' and 'freaking out whenever he is in the slightest bit of trouble.'"

"I resemble that remark."

"Come on (Y/N)!" She got up from her spot on my hammock, "You need to just tell her! How long has this even been going on under my nose?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, "I guess... Only thirteen years or so. Right before Steven turned two."

"Come on!" She huffed, pouting slightly, "And you haven't told me! That's over a decade man!"

I laid down on my bed, "Just didn't feel it necessary."

"You know Garnet totally figured it out by now right," Ame sat next to me.

"Yep."

"You need to tell her."

"No!" I sat back up, staring Ame straight in the eyes, "Look, we all know she's not over Rose. And I'm not in the best mental state either, I mean my 'Ex' just kidnapped me three weeks ago."

"Look Fam," She returned my seriousness, "Rose is gone, Sphene or whatever her name was is gone, and both of you have moved on. And you helped one another do that moving on. And if anyone deserves happiness, it's you and P."

I hugged her, "Thanks Ame. You are the absolute best."

She left, and I got to thinking. I wandered over to an old radio that I stole from Ame's room a few decades ago. I turned on a simple, yet powerful instrumental. I usually hate songs without lyrics, but this one song just kinda calmed me down. I guess this song kinda reminded me of Pearl in a sense, graceful, elegant, pretty, and powerful. I moved my body to the music. The dance reflected that. The dance was slow, and calm.

I moved, closing my eyes and feeling the music from every angle.

And then I fell.

"(Y/N)!" I opened my eyes to see Pearl rushing over, "Are you okay? I was just coming to check on you, and I saw you dancing, and falling..."

I avoided her eyes, a hand moving to cover my mouth, "How long were you there?"

"Just near the end," She gave me a hand to help me up.

"I liked your dance," She smiled as I reached my feet, "May I join?"