-10- Being Honest

~Still Pearl POV~

It has been a week since (Y/N) was poofed. We've been on plenty of missions to pass the time. But that definitely hasn't stopped Steven from worrying about her at almost all hours of the day. I can't say I'm much different.

"That's about it!" Amethyst bubbled the gem and sent its way.

Steven bolted to the warp, "Let's get back to (Y/N)!"

~(Y/N)'s POV~

When I revived, I was alone. I could see Steven's little nest for me, but they must be on a mission. I looked down at my new form. It felt... Clean. Sure I didn't mean to get poofed, but the entire thing was welcome.

"(Y/N)!" I was tackled to the flooring of the beach side home by a fourteen-year-old half-gem, "You're back! I missed you so much!"

"Hey Steven," I smiled and held him tight to my clean form, "didn't think you would miss me that much."

"Are you kidding me!" He jumped up, "It took forever for them to convince me to leave you alone while we go on missions."

"Well never mind that," I got up, dusting myself off, I couldn't help lock eyes with Pearl, "Sorry Princess, I guess I lost track of the levels."

Pearl ran forward, I thought for a moment she was going to scold me, but she hugged me, "I'm sorry I left you there like that."

"Pearl?"

"I shouldn't have left that Hollow-pearl unsupervised," She let me go, I missed her touch immediately, "You know what happened last time I did that. I know what happened last time, and I still left you there with her. You could have been shattered!"

That last statement had a harsher tone to it. I know she was scolding herself, but I couldn't help but slightly flinch.

Her eyes widened, and her cheeks turned this adorable teal blush, "Sorry for yelling (Y/N)."

I joined her in the blush, "No no! You did nothing wrong! I just got carried away with the entire training thing. I guess I went too far with the entire 'Fighting for you' thing."

Her blush intensified, and so did mine, "You know, fighting for the Crystal Gems. And of course for my little man!" I ruffled Steven's endlessly curly hair.

I shot Ame a glare, she was doing that silent laugh thing. Garnet was giving us that look.

"Well I'm heading to my room," I made my way to the doorway.

Steven grabbed on to my wrist, "(Y/N)! You've been gone for so long! Can we hang out?"

I can't say no to that face~ "Of course little man," I looked at the gems, "Anyone joining us?"

Garnet shook her head, "I cannot. I have a mission for Amethyst and I."

Ame wined just a bit, "You have to be kidding me!"

"No."

Garnet then pulled Ame to the warp, "Have fun."

We waved them off, "Well I guess it's just us three!" Steven ran around us, "What do you want to do? Video games? Puzzles? Knitting?"

I looked to Pearl, "Just whatever you want to do."

With that, we ended up doing Steven's laundry.

I ended up with Pearl folding Steven's many completely identical shirts in the living room.

"Hey," I broke the silence, "Sorry again for getting carried away, I guess my mind was on other things."

"It is perfectly fine," She sat a shirt to the side, "Just tell me, did you..? Did you get poofed on purpose?"

I was surprised she asked me, but I understood where she came from, "No! I mean, I guess it did need to happen, but I didn't try to do it. If it did happen, I thought it would be on a mission."

"Why would you think that?"

I pulled out one of my clubs, "I'm not that strong, even with your training. My weapons have no reach, my weapon isn't sharp, my only 'power' is amplifying other's power while fused with them, I'm too scared to fuse with people so that power is useless, and overall I'm kinda useless."

She stopped folding and scooted closer to me. Stopping when she was just in front of me, she put her hands on my shoulders, "(Y/N) you are not useless. You have helped me though so much. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without your support. We all need you with us. You held us together when Rose gave up her physical form to create Steven. And Honestly, you were the most composed about Steven. You helped Greg out so much when Steven was a baby. Even with all that, you still had time to help us though Rose's absence."

"I know I've never properly said this. But thank you," She finished her statement.

My face inflamed, "No... No problem Princess."

She regained that cute teal blush, "I was just being honest."