eleven.

Harry ran out of his room and went downstairs

"Has anyone seen Hermione!?" He asked, urgently to anyone he ran in to.

After many no's, Ron came up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Easy mate, I'm sure she's just in her room with her nose stuck in a book." He said, rolling his eyes and smiling. Harry stopped and then dashed up the stairs.

Once he reached her door, he knocked rapidly. "Hermione!" No answer. Without waiting, he turned the handle and barged in. The room was empty.

He stood in the middle of the room and just looked around, completely at a loss. It was true.

Seeing a piece of parchment laid upon a desk, he walked over to it slowly. Picking it up softly, he stared down at her wonderful cursive writing.

Dear friends and family,

I've decided it's my time to move on. I've had such a blast these years and shall cherish them forever. But we all know we couldn't last together forever and always, right?

I shall hold each and everyone of you close to my heart, and cherish the memories we've made together.

I feel it is appropriate for my departure. I have a life to live on my own now. You've all been great help to teach me to thrive and grown independently, and I thank you all very much.

Remain to stay strong and never judge a book by it's cover. I mean this metaphorically.

We shall cross each others path sometime in the future, but for now, farewell.

- Hermione Granger

He let the letter fall from in between his fingers. Droplets of tears fell from his eyes and splashed on the dark wood desktop. Turning slowly away from the desk, he walked over to the window and peered out of it.

The gloomy sky cascading his very emotions, he realized one thing. Moving on can only help you thrive and become stronger.

Not knowing that hundreds of miles away, a perfectly happy and in love couple stared out a window and gazed at the same scene.

— End.