ten.

After Harry asked for a moment, Hermione waited outside his door

After Harry asked for a moment, Hermione waited outside his door. A few moments went by and she didn't hear anything from inside. Growing worried, she knocked lightly.

"Harry?" There was no answer. Opening the door just a crack, she peered inside. Harry was bent over a floating dish with his face submerged in it. A pensieve.

Walking quietly over to his side, she was able to see small glimpses of what he was seeing more in personal. She saw the moment of when Professor Snape was in a rage. Her heart stopped and then quickened.

No. He didn't.

Quickly leaving the room, feeling nauseous, she ran up to her guest room and slammed the door. Pacing back and forth, she flicked her wand and all of her things began packing neatly into her purple bag.

Once it was all finished, she retrieved a quill and some parchment paper and quickly scribbled a note. Once done, she took a deep breath and looked around the room once more. She had to leave. It was time.

Suddenly disapparating with a small pop, she landed softly in the front living room of a very house.

A fire was lit and it smelled heavenly. But entirely disregarding it, she stormed towards the stairs and made her way up them. Walking through the hall, she three open the last door and inside was a fully set library.

"You showed him!?" She fumed at the man before her. He sighed softly and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I did." He said quietly. She frowned.

"Weeks later, after saving you, I have to find out for my self!? Whats wrong with you!?" She walked up to him and slapped him across his pale sullen face. He instantly grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a kiss, which she melted into, quickly.

Pulling away he held her close. "It was time for you to come home." He said softly. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just. . .scared." she said sadly. He smirked.

"Trust me, I only gave him one hint. If he's smart enough to put the pieces together, he'll know. And who will believe him?" She sighed.

"You know he really loved you, right?" He groaned.

"I like to think of it as hero's worship. But nothing compares to my love for you. . .darling." He said with a soft smile, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too."