Chapter 7 Three Kings of Old

-Calienia's P.O.V.-

"I...am so bored..." I said with a sigh leaning against the wall more.

"Ditto..." Janina said and yawned.

"Isn't there any other way out of this room?"

"I dunno, let me check the map." Janina said and pulled out a map of the castle.

"SINCE WHEN DO YOU HAVE THAT?!"

"Huh? Oh, I dunno. Couple years maybe?"

"A COUPLE YEARS?!"

"Why is that important?" Janina asked and I face palmed.

"Well gee, as someone who's trying to help you and knows absolutely nothing about this castle, yeah it's pretty important."

"Sorry I guess I didn't think about it. Weren't you given a tour of the castle?" 

"Yeah but I doubt we saw every room." I said and Janina shrugged.

"To be honest I don't think even I have seen much of it."

Janina looked at the map first tracking where we were then she began looking for another way out. I stood up and looked around placing a hand on my hip. There wasn't even a window where I could use a simple jutsu to get us down.

"Ah ha! There's a secret room just next to this place, we just need to find the switch, door, lever, or whatever that leads into it."

"Ok sounds like a plan." I said and started looking around.

I looked around the walls first trying to find a door, then I got on my hands and knees looking around on the floor. Still nothing..

"Find it yet Janina?"

"Not yet, I'll keep looking."

"Ok."

Janina was pulling some books off shelves to see if that was the key but so far they were all just books. I crawled under a small table and checked under a rug but again no luck.

"OH!"

"WHAT?!" I yelled sitting up only to bump my head.

I carefully crawled back out and rubbed my head looking at Janina.

"What if we had a few 'accidents'. Maybe one of us will accidentally bump into a trigger!"

"Janina that's only in cartoons, nothing like that actually happens.."

She shrugged and sat in a chair making it fall back. My eyes widened at her stupidity but a door actually opened and she fell in it while the chair moved back in place standing up right.

"WHAT THE?!"

"I toooold ya~" I heard Janina almost echo from the room below. "Now come on and get your butt down here!"

I sighed then sat in the chair. I pushed it back and fell in the room. I landed on my hands and pushed off the ground doing a flip until I was back on my feet. Most likely Janina did the same thing considering she didn't look hurt and I didn't hear a thud. She didn't even complain.

"Ok where are we now?" I asked and Janina looked back at the map.

"According to the map we're in an old study room. This use to belong to the eldest brother king."

"I see.." I trailed off looking around.

I stopped when I found an old notebook covered in dust that looked ancient. Curiosity got the best of me and I picked it up dusting it off before opening it. It looked like old fancy writing, it was written in cursive and had a seal at the bottom of the page. I could only think this belonged to one of the kings.

I started reading the notes as best as I could but some were in a code I didn't understand.

"Whatcha got there?" Janina asked peeking over my shoulder.

"Some old notebook, I think it belonged to one of the kings but most of this is written in some kind of code." I said and handed it to Janina.

She looked it over then looked at me and smiled.

"Luckily I can read it."

"What?! Really?! You can?!"

"Yeah, it's written in the code of old. Something kings and queens used to write in when they sent out a letter to someone so if the letter was taken or the messenger was killed they wouldn't be able to read the scroll no matter what."

"How do you know it?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Everyone on this island knows the code like the back of our hands. It come in handy for things like this."

I must say these castle ninja were impressive. The code looked extremely complicated yet she could read it without a struggle. I was more curious to find out what the notebook said at the moment though. I watched as Janina read it over and her eyes widened.

"What's the problem?"

"If we don't get the protective fog back by the next full moon..the castle will crumble.." Janina said shakily and my eyes widened. "Our home will be gone.."

"Your home?! What about the queen?! And Anna?! What if they're still in the castle?!" I asked panicking slightly and she looked up at me.

"We have to find the queen soon!"

***Later That Day***

-Janina's P.O.V.-

Me and Calienia found our way out of the room and went to tell the others about what we found out. They all went looking while I went back to the study room to find out more about the crystal and how to cure it. I think I was getting pretty close to the answer but I got really tired and fell asleep all the sudden.

-Third Person's P.O.V.-

A smirk tugged at the lips of pure evil as Janina stood up from the desk and started sleep walking like the queen. Everyone was yet again asleep at this time. The camera's however were still up and running, and catching everything Janina was doing.

*************************************************************************

Ok so there's chappy 7! Remember this story stops at chappy 10.

PEACE!