Chapter 4 Is It Possible?

-Calienia's P.O.V.-

"Did you search everywhere? Even outside the castle?" I asked and Anna and Kankuro nodded.

"We checked the entire island, we couldn't find the queen anywhere.." Anna said sadly.

"Would she ever leave the island? For anything?"

"Nu uh. The queen always stays on the island. There's no reason for anyone to leave." Janina said sitting up from her laying down position on the couch.

We were in one of the living rooms in the castle trying to figure out what could of happened to the queen.

"Ok what about food? And water? How do you get those things here?" I asked and Janina shrugged.

"The old fashion way, we breed animals and grow crops. It's hard to grow things with the fog but the queen always somehow makes it all grow. Our water is taken from the sea and cleaned with certain jutsus."

I was thinking up every way possible for the queen's disappearance.

'Is it possible for someone to just disappear into thin air?...No. I just don't have all the pieces to the puzzle yet...Now think carefully....' I thought then looked at everyone.

"Who in this room was the last to see the queen besides the king?"

"That would be me." Hayato said yawning.

"Could you take me to where you last saw her?" I asked turning to him.

"Ugh...Do I have to?"

"You want your queen back or what?"

"...Fine.."

"Good boy."

Hayato got up from the other couch and yawned then I quickly thought up some directions to take.

"Kankuro and Gaara you two get whatever information you can from the king. Anna, Suzu, and Janina you go and ask the civilians if they've seen the queen in the previous twenty-four hours."

Everyone nodded and I followed the lazy Hayato to an old tower. We climbed the stairs all the way to the top where we had a perfect view of the island and the ocean. There was a purple crystal ball resting on a stone figure of a dragon claw. Though the point was touching the ground.

"What's this?" I asked pointing to the big crystal ball.

"That's the crystal ball that controls the fog. It's normally clear but something made it turn an evil dark looking purple. The queen can usually heal the crystal but for some reason she was too weak to.."

"Hayato why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I was tired and didn't think about it at the time."

"You lazy son of a gun! That's IMPORTANT INFORMATION! You should of fucking told me!"

"....Oops." Hayato said with a bored tone and a shrug.

I sighed. I wonder if this guy would even be useful in battle if it ever comes to that. If the queen had used him and Janina as body guards then that must mean their pretty strong..I looked at the crystal. There must of been a reason it needed to be healed and a reason the queen couldn't heal it.

'Is it possible the queen knew she couldn't heal the crystal anymore? Was she going to fix the problem when she was taken? If so then that means she had to have been taken and someone forced the fog to disappear...but why? And who?'

I told Hayato my thought on the subject but half way through he fell asleep. So I did a simple jutsu to summon water and soak him. Then I told him the rest of my thoughts before I finally let his lazy side take over and he fell back asleep.

-Hayato's P.O.V.-

What a pain this all was. I got this red head chick nagging me for falling asleep in the middle of a crises, the queen AND the protective fog was missing, and I couldn't lounge around and be lazy with Janina...

I remembered that the last time I saw the queen was when I was up here thinking before dinner. All the stress of possibly being attacked and kicked out of our great castle home has killed my overjoy. The only thing that could heal it was Janina. I REALLY liked her..but...I was never good at telling other's my feelings.

So I was thinking about it when the queen came up and talked to me about it. She told me, "Sometimes secrets are kept in the heart and another heart is the key to opening up." BUT WHAT DID SHE MEAN BY THAT?! Old people and their wisdom...they never make any damn sense...But..

'Is it possible the queen was just screwing with me?'

-Gaara's P.O.V.-

I was getting tired of listening to the king whine and complain about the queen still not being found. He was OLDER than me and he acted like a child...I sighed thinking about Calienia leaving with that Hayato guy..Why wouldn't she team up with me?!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous...I knew I should have more trust in her though. I mean we JUST got together. She wouldn't cheat on me that fast...NO! She wouldn't cheat on me at all! On the other hand if that Hayato guy sees her naked before I do I'll.....

No. It was wrong to think this way. Calienia would never cheat. But what if she was raped?! NO! She's stronger than that..but then again I hadn't seen Hayato's skills yet...This was all so confusing..

Instead of letting my thoughts run wild more, I tried concentrating on the mission. The faster we get it done the faster we can go home and I can have Calienia all to myself. ^_^

'Is it possible that this mission will come to an end soon?'

********************************************************

Ok so there's gonna be a LOT of action coming up and a LOT of excitement. Also a lil romance :3

PEACE!