Story of a Teenage Stripper {Arranged Marriage} Chapter 40

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to say that I most likely won't be updating until the 25th of this month. I have diplomas to do any need to study for them. But as soon as they're done, I'll be updating.

'cause you can't rewind
3:58pm Friday Mar 18, Sunvalley High, Parking lot

“Aren’t you happy there is only a week left of school?” Jackie asked Penn and I.

“So happy,” Penn replied. “I’m going to San Diego to visit my cousin.”

“Nice, I’m going to Mexico with my family.” Jackie said. “Hot beaches, even hotter college boys...” she trailed off with a happy and dazed smile on her face.

“You guys are so lucky.” I sighed. “I have to go to New York to meet Chris’ family. I have no idea whether they’ll like me and to top it off, not only do I have to share a room with Chris, but he also knows about Cody.”

Penn and Jackie both turned sharply to look at me, their faces in disbelief.

“How?” they asked simultaneously.

“He heard me talking making plans with him last week.” I explained. “He gave me the usual ‘you’re not allowed to date other people’ speech. But I calmly told him, again, that until he and Tiffany broke up, nothing would happen between us and I could date anyone I chose.”

“So the usual speech?” Jackie asked.

“Yup, and I gave him the generic answer.” I said. “But Chris can have some peace of mind, I won’t be seeing Cody until after spring break. He’s leaving tomorrow to go to Sydney, Australia.”

When I got home, there was a Louis Vuitton travel set in my room. Apparently Lissann had done some shopping today.

“Sasha?” Lissann said, from the other side of my door. “May I come in?”

“Yeah.”

“I see you found the suitcases I bought today.” she said. “Do you like them? The luggage you have now wasn’t exactly something that Richard’s side of the family would approve of.”

Well, that wasn’t something that I wanted to hear. I really didn’t like people who judge based on looks, growing up as I had, people were always judging me and my mother based on how we looked and it pissed me off to no end.

“Hm.” I said.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” she said hurriedly. “They are judgmental, but they grew up that way. They come from old money and have high standards for everyone in their family. They don’t care so much about how you look, but more of how you carry yourself. And first impressions are usually based on how you look.”

“That’s true.” I said. “Well, I’ll get packing.”

Lissann left and I went into my closet to get out everything I thought I would need for a trip to New York, until I realized, I have no idea what we would be doing there. I knew that we would most likely be doing a lot of brunches and dinners, so I packed a few dresses that would be appropriate for dinner.

Sighing in defeat, I left my room and went to Chris’ and knocked.

“Come in.” he said.

“Hey, um do you know what I need to pack for New York? All I have in my suitcase are dresses.”

“You should probably pack some casual things too, outfits that can be considered semi-casual, casual, and dressy. Oh and bathing suits, it warm there right now, a bit colder than here but enough that you could sunbath on the roof of our penthouse or in Central Park.”

“Alright, thanks.”

As I left his room, I could help but wonder if he was still angry with me for dating Cody. This whole situation that we were in wasn’t normal, but he didn’t help it by telling me who I could...well couldn’t date and still have a girlfriend. It would just be better if the whole engagement was off until we both got our shit together, then if he still wanted to be with me we could try and work it out but with how everything has been since I got here, it doesn’t seem like it would work.