Story of a Teenage Stripper {Arranged Marriage} chapter 43

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Comment and Vote!

xoxo Natasha                                              

cause the hands of time are never on your side

1:10pm Monday Apr 2, Sunvalley High, Study Hall

It was all over the school; Chris had broken up with Tiffany. The ‘Golden Couple’ had broken up. No one had seen Tiffany since before first period and Chris didn’t look the least bit upset. Thought it was expected since he broke up with her, but I at least thought that since they had gone out for years he would be slightly upset.

“Has Chris said anything to you about what his dad said?” Jackie asked.

“Nope,” I said, looking up from my paper. “I just hope that Chris doesn’t expect me to break up with Cody just because he finally broke up with Tiffany.”

“But don’t you think you should?” she asked sheepishly. “I mean, you are going to get married to Chris. Dating Cody until you have to break up with him is kind of just leading him on, making him think that your relationship is going to go further, when really there is an expiry date on it.”

I glared at her.

“Oh don’t look at me,” she whined. “You know I am right. I am not taking Chris’ side or saying you’re wrong but you just shouldn’t lead Cody on.”

“Sound like you are taking Chris’ side.” I said. “Trust me, I know that this thing with Cody is going to end, but I don’t want it to end now. I like him, a lot, and just want to be with him for as long as I can. We would have broken up sooner or later anyway, no matter what I still do like Chris, but Cody is my boyfriend and Chris hasn’t given me much of a reason to even consider breaking up with Cody.”

“Okay,” she said drawing out the word. “Did Richard tell you how he found out about your boyfriend, and why he changed everything?”

“Nope,” I said. “He just said someone told him and they thought it would be better for the both of us this way. Whoever said that I would like to thank them, apparently it got Chris to do something he should have done months ago.”

It bugged me that I didn’t know who told Richard about me and Cody and Chris and Tiffany, but I really did want to thank them, whoever it was. It gave me time with Cody and Chris time to get his priorities straight. But if he thinks that I am going to break up with Cody just because he finally broke up with Tiffany, he has another thing coming. I have no intention of breaking up with Cody.

“Sasha!” someone called.

I turned around and saw Chris running toward me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I forgot to tell you, we’re having a family dinner tonight,” he said, a little breathless. “I’m not really sure what it is about, all I know if that you have to be home by six because dinner is at 7.”

“Alright.”

I got home around five thirty, after spending about two hours with Cody. We talked about our vacations and what we did and, as cheesy as it was, how much we missed each other. At the moment, I really didn’t want to end my relationship with Cody, at all.

I was hoping that soon I would be able to find a way out of this thing with Chris. A part of me felt bad for thinking that, not only because I did like him, but because his parents had given me a roof over my head, basic necessities, and more than I would have ever had if I still lived the life I did in Calgary; in exchange all I had to do was marry Chris. Yeah, it was a big deal to marry someone, but I could have left the day after I was brought here. I know that Tony would have helped me out in finding somewhere else to live.

But I was here and had grown to love the Richie family and I would do anything for them. Even if it meant marrying Chris. Though if I did, we would definitely have to work on our relationship and communication skills. We’ve proven that we are both stubborn and strong headed, we’d have to learn to compromise.

“I’m sure you’re wondering why we’re having a family dinner.” Lissann asked.

We just finished dinner and were having dessert. It had been a good and cheerful dinner until Richard cleared his throat.

“Well,” she said. “We’ve decided that since this relationship hasn’t been going the way we planned-”

Chris cut her off.

“Dear God, please don’t tell us you bought a house for us and we have to move into it to be a ‘real couple’” he said.

Lissann and Richard laughed, I was relived; I had been thinking the same thing.

“Heavens no,” she said, still laughing. “You two would kill each other, besides you two already live together. No we’ve decided to push the wedding back until December and we’re going to start planning now.

“That way Chris can finish school and he can decide what university you’re going to, and you, Sasha, can decided whether or not you want to graduate early or stay in high school for the next year. You’ll still work in your father’s company, but you won’t take over until you have finished in business. We know that it has been hard on both of you, this marriage, but we really think it can work between you two.”

“Oh.” Chris and I said.

“Um, thanks mom, dad,” Chris said. “We appreciate it, we know you weren’t happy when you found out we were dating other people, but we can try after school is over. I mean I have so many things going on that I think Sasha should be able to date whoever, until university, so she can be a teenager before she has to be an engaged teenager.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “It means a lot, and if I do decide to finish high school next year, I mean it would be terrible to live with Chris wherever he decides to go to college. Especially if he decides to go Columbia. I wouldn’t mind going to school in New York.”

They laughed, I hoped this would turn out for the good. I knew from what Chris said, he was okay with me dating Cody and he didn’t expect me to break up with him. Sometimes I found it strange that I could read Chris like that and that he could read me.

But I guess it was a good thing, if we did get married.