CHAPTER 2: I Missed Her

Start from the beginning

"I'm going back." I said as I walk away from them.

"Hey, Y/N! What about your training?" Kirito asked.

"I already ran. That's enough."

"You lazy woman, it's only minutes."

"Yeah, yeah." You turn your back at them and wave goodbye.

"Wait, Y/N.."

ASUNA'S POV
"Wait, Y/N." I don't know what I'll say to her.. but my tongue just speaks on it's own.

She stops walking. She turns her face on us.

"What is it, Asuna?"

"I-uhmm." I stutter. What am I doing? You said you wanted to keep your distance from her, Asuna. What are you doing?! You have to stay away from her. I should stay away... But I-

"Asuna?" Y/N snap me out of my thoughts.

"U-uhmm.." Why can't say I missed her?!

But before I can speak, she speaks and smiles brightly at me. "It's alright. I've missed you too."

I blush so hard from what she said because she can read me like an open book. She really loves me. Oh Y/N..

"I'll go now." She said then I nod.

KIRITO'S POV
I don't know if it's just me, but why do I feel a tension between those two? I wonder if something happened between them. Is it the reason why Y/N is drained? Why she didn't tell me? She usually tells me when they got a fight. Are they having best friends quarrel again?

I hope they resolve it soon. Whatever it is. I don't want to see them like this. Most especially Y/N. I know I should be concerned first about Asuna but Y/N is the one who I don't ever want to see sad. I should at least help her with her other best friend. That's the only thing I can do for her.

Later that day, I went to Y/N's house to help her fix whatever conflict she has with Asuna.

I knock at the door. "Y/N!"

Seconds after, the door opens.

"Hey, Y/N!

"Hey."

"Can I talk to you?"

"No." She said blankly, then closes the door.

"Y/N, open up!" I knock loudly, then it opens again.

"Just kidding. Come in." She laughs a little.

"You crazy woman."

"Yeah, yeah. So what is it?"

"What happened between you and Asuna?"

Y/N'S POV
"What happened between you and Asuna?"

"W-what do you mean?" I got startle by what he asked me.

"I know there's something between the two of you."

Oh crap! Is he here to confront me about Asuna? Did he already know about my feelings for her? Will I be the one to ruin their love for each other? Will our friendship be over? But I still let him continue despite my endless questions on my mind.

"W-what are you saying?"

"I mean, I know you had a fight with her, I can feel it. Why don't you just talk to her and fix it like you usually do? I can help you."

"Like I u-usually do?" I look at him confusedly.

"Yes. Like last time you had a fight. You came to me back then. You told me you wanted to make up with her then you asked me to help you."

"You mean, you'll h-help us make up?"

"Yes, that's what best friends should do, right? I am your best friend and she is too, that's why we should get along.. Besides.."

So that's it. I thought he already knows about my feelings for Asuna. I sigh deeply, relieved that he didn't know. I don't ever want to ruin their love without even confessing to each other yet.

"Besides what?"

"Besides.. I don't want my best friend and my fiancé to stay like that when our wedding is near."

"W-what?"

TO BE CONTINUED.

A/N:
That's it! I dropped the bomb. Ka-booomm! XD I know there are parts that are a little bit confusing but you will understand all of it in the next chapters. Keep it together! XD Haha! By the way, I wanted to apologize for taking it so long to update. *bows lowly* Stay tuned for the next update! Love you all, Reader-chan!

~Jaa ne

EDITED: 03/18/21