Arthur Morgan: We're Done Here

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, don't you agree, Miss L/n?" Dutch raised an eyebrow at you and something told you that it was a threat.

"Yeah...yeah, the plan in fine" you nodded in agreement.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Arthur asked you with a small frown, instantly sensing that something wasn't right with you.

"I'm fine. I'm just...I've got to go, I'll see ya later" you gave him a small smile before turning and leaving. You just had to get away and have some time to think.

Arthur only frowned as he watched you leave, something wasn't right and he didn't like that at all. But before he could follow you, Dutch got his attention and proceeded to discuss the plan with him.

- - - - -

You avoided Dutch for the rest of the day. You still weren't sure how to feel about the situation and you certainly didn't feeling like talking to him. A part of you tried to accept that Dutch was different now, that he wasn't the leader you once respected, but another part of you tried convince you that this was a one time thing. He got angry and took it too far, that was all. It's a stressful time, it won't happen again, it wasn't that big of a deal.

It was late now and you were in the tent that you shared with Arthur, getting ready to turn in for the night. You slipped off your shirt and heard a quiet intake of breath from behind you. Holding the shirt up in front of your chest, you spun around with wide eyes, instantly relaxing when you saw that it was just Arthur, the canvas closing behind him.

"God, you scared me" you laughed it off, your body relaxing.

Arthur didn't speak, making you frown as he walked up to you. He gently placed his hands on your shoulders, one hand trailing down to your upper arm, lifting it slightly to examine the bruise that wrapped around your arm.

Hands returning to your shoulders, he gently turned you around before dropping his hands. His fingertips lightly traced the bruise on the bottom of your back.

"What happened to you?" Arthur asked gently, these bruises certainly weren't there last night.

You hesitated before you spoke, not having noticed that you had even bruised. How were you meant to explain this one? Arthur was protective of you and you knew that he would be mad at Dutch for this, you didn't want to cause an argument between them.

"It doesn't matter. I'm fine" you assured him.

"I didn't think you left the camp today" Arthur was still frowning when you turned back to him.

"I didn't. I'm just clumsy, seriously, don't worry about it. I didn't even realise there were any bruises" you lied with a small smile.

Arthur was unconvinced, you weren't that clumsy and even if you were you couldn't have bruised your arm like that. You have never had bruises like that unless you had been out of the camp on a job, so he refused to believe that you got them out of clumsiness.

Still, he let it go and decided not to push you. Arthur gave you a small smile, silently letting you know that he wasn't going to ask anything more about it, and lent down to give you a short kiss, one that you happily returned.

- - - - -

A few days had passed without incident. Maybe what happened with Dutch was just a one time thing, he let his frustration get the better of him. You had nothing to worry about.

It was a remarkably quiet day in the camp as you walked through it. There was nobody around and you had no idea why, everyone just seemed to be out for one reason or another.