Chapter 8

⚠️WARNING⚠️ THOUGHTS OF SELF HARM
(It's closer to the end of the chapter)

"Yeah. Night Alex." In the morning John woke to Alex groaning and and a bright light shining onto Alex's face, the source of the light, his computer. 'Geez he's up working again? He had such a long night last night. Then again it is Alex I'm talking about.' "Alex you're already working? You were so tired last night." Alex looked over at him and smiled. "Yeah it was like I took a sleeping pill or something. Did I take one when I got home?" John shook his head. "We don't even have them here." It was a Saturday so nobody had work. "Huh that's weird. I swore I had melatonin flavor in my mouth last night." You could see the wheels in Johns brain start turning. "Did...Did Eliza drug you perhaps?" Alex was in shock. "No! She'd never do that!" John nodded. "Ok Alex."

'Why is he acting so weird about Eliza?' Alex opened the blinds in their room, closed his laptop and put it on top of his desk. "Ugh dude her eyes are like agate Jasper crystals." John sat up against the headboard. "Who, Eliza?" Alex nodded. "Oh." John said with a low tone. "What's wrong John?" Alex said concerned "Oh nothing. I'm fine." Alex nodded. "Soo...you've taken quite an interest in Eliza again?" Alex smiled dreamily "Yeeeaahh I kinda have...why is something wrong with that?" John licked his lips "Well I mean...ugh dude she was just so toxic in college, and she was SUCH a bad influence on you." Alex sighed and rubbed his neck. 'I guess John is right. She was bad for me, but why is he so hung up on her??' "Ok yeah but I really think she's changed." John sighed "If you really think she's become a better person then I trust you to make the right decisions. I'm just worried and I don't want something bad to happen to you." Alex looked at John and put a half smile on his face. He looked at all of the little details on Laurens face, and just took in all the freckles and dimples that sat on the corners of his mouth. 'Dang he sure is beautiful, and his hair is amazing; he's shirtless too.' Alex bit his lip. 'No! No Alex. You have Eliza, great...pretty? Eliza.' Alex thought questionably.

'Alex is staring at me...what do I do? Ohhh no, this is not good. He's looking at my face, now my hair? Now my....chest...good thing I'm shirtless. Wait...he's thinking...about what though?' "If it's ok with you, I'm having dinner  with Eliza at 6." Alex said with a shy tone, John was getting sick of Hamilton's new obsession with Elizabeth it was like he never stopped talking about her. Had his feelings for Laurens faded away? "Alex I'm gonna go to the bathroom I'll be back." Before Alex could respond John was out the door. 'God this must be all my fault. I just...I want to hurt myself SO BADLY.' He looked at the pocket knife across the bathroom counter. 'I can't. It's not me...but Alex isn't even paying anymore attention to me he only loves Eliza. Stupid Elizabeth god she could die and I wouldn't care.' As he reached for the knife Lafayette walked in. "Bonjour mon ami...what were you reaching for?" John got nervous "Oh nothing just my...comb." John grabbed the comb that was next to the knife.

Lafayette was getting weird vibes from John so just said ok and changed in his room instead. 'To be honest I'm scared to see Hercules again. What if he tries to attack me or something, I don't know but I'm just scared. Ugh mama I wish you were here.' He picked up the post it note that had his coffee order on it and held it close to his chest. All the memories came flooding back the time when Herc had put his hand on Laf's chest, when Herc was holding his face, and even the time when Herc had made him cry. Lafayette started to think about it, that wasn't Hercules that night, someone HAD to have drugged him. That just not something Herc would do. "Alex mon ami we need to get going soon!!!" Lafayette put on his watch and realized he desperately needs a new one, along with a new coat. Laf put on a sweater that Hercules had made him a while back and couldnt stand the urge to sniff it. He took a deep breath in through his nose out from his mouth. It smelt just like him. He felt something hard in the sweater and realized it was one of the wooden tags Herc uses at the shop. It said "to Lafayette made with extra hugs and love". 'Yeah theres no way Herc just did this. I'm not letting anyone get away with it.' He took off the tag and went into the kitchen for coffee.

Alex was still in bed when he heard Laf shouting they need to leave soon. 'I'm not ready to leave yet. I'm still figuring out my life! Ugh stupid puzzles.' Alex got out of bed and saw how Johns bed was all nice and pretty, his bed was nothing compared to Laurens. 'How is John so clean and organized I don't understand.'

'God that was close.' John thought as he swiftly grabbed the knife and put it the pocket of his pajama pants. 'Once everyone leaves. No one would care if I got hurt anyways.' John walked into his room to find Alex sitting on Johns bed holding his turtle and...petting...it. "Uhhh Alex why are you petting my turtle?" John said and laughed, Alex looked up and smiled. "John he's so cute oh my god." John laughed and sat by Alex. "You've seen him before!" Alex looked John in his eyes and whispered "Yeah but he's cuter today...WHAT IF WE PUT A BOWTIE ON HIM." Alex chuckled "Alex I can't with you!" John laughed and looked into Alex's eyes. "Why are you staring at me?" Alex whispered and smirked "Oh ummm I'm not I uh- gimme the turtle Alex!!" He laughed and grinned. Alex stood up and buttoned up his shirt, "John I- umm...never mind." John put the turtle in his terrium and turned to Alex. "Alex you can tell me anything ok." John helped Alex button the last few buttons while Alex just stood up straight and started to put on his tie. 'John. How do I feel? How do YOU feel? Ugh I gotta figure this out, like dude make a move if u like me it's not that hard.'

"Thanks John. I'm taking Laf to th"- "The police department for his questioning." John finished Alex's sentence and laughed "I know Alex. Be careful around Hercules today ok? I don't even know what happened with him that night." Alex nodded and looked down at his tie confused as to why it wasn't going on right. "Alex how do you not know how to tie a tie you're a fricking lawyer." John laughed "I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!! It should be right!" Alex laughed and John stared into his eyes for a split second before placing his hand on Alex's cheek and just standing there. "John...I"- Before Alex could finish John gently placed his lips onto Alex's and to his surprise Alex placed both his hands on Johns face. "John-I"- John placed his hands on Alex and pushed him onto the wall, Alex shoved John off and wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "John I can't...I...Eliza." John nodded and plopped himself onto his bed "I know, I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that it was a mistake and I"- Alex shoved John into his back and got on top of him "Fuck Eliza I love you so much an"- "Just shut up and kiss me already!" John laughed as he cut off Alex, they then started making out and laughing.

By the time John sat back up he saw that Lafayette was Leaning on the doorframe smiling and lightly laughing. "Whoooo HOOO!!!! Finally mon ami! Took you long enough!" Alex got up and turned around, he rubbed his lips with his thumb then placed his hands on his hips and said "How uhh...how long you been standin' there Laf??" Lafayette laughed looked at his watch and responded "Hmm you started fixing his tie around...8:46 ish soooo....I've been here for like 8 minutes?" The three shared a laugh before Alex said his goodbyes to John and left for the Police Department with Laf.

All done after I quit for like 4 months lmao. But I'm back kinda and it's not like anyone reads these so whatever. Thanks for reading if u did
-Ashlyn