Chapter 2

Herc's POV
When Laf came out in his boxers I knew what he was trying to do. He thinks I'm gay. He never told me but I knew. He likes me and it's obvious, he always...and then he...but the other day when he...ok I'll admit I'm not 100% sure he likes me but... it doesn't matter. It's not like I care. I scoffed just thinking about it.

Then I remembered just earlier,- I took a sip of my coffee,- I had my hand on his chest. It felt...I don't know? Nice?? I don't know. Maybe I'm bi? I'm just so confused, plus I don't know the gay language.

"Soooo Laf how was that little sunflower you had 7 minutes in heaven with?" Alex crossed his arms on the table. "Yeah Laf She was hot! Lucky lucky you! Better hope you satisfied her! And actually she keeps looking at you and playing with her hair." I said. "Umm oh..ok" Laf said in an awkward way.

I leaned over that table to where my face was close to his and saw a strand of hair was flying loose so I tucked it behind his ear and he blushed. I left my hand there and asked "Hey are you ok?" He looked at my eyes and just sat there.

Then he started leaning in and...he kissed me. I completely regret what I did after that too. He kissed me and I...I pushed him away. Then he spilt his coffee on himself and it was his favorite shirt too. His shirt that had the french flag with a heart, saying I love France. I felt so bad, then to make it even worse after I pushed him, I stood up wiped my mouth and walked to the bathroom.

George's POV
I brought Sammy to coffee to introduce him to all my friends, not knowing we were gonna play 7 minutes in heaven and Laf was going to make a move on Herc. I love Lafayette like my brother and I would do anything for him. But he came out to me like 2 months ago and was already crushing on someone without telling me!

And honestly I think him and Herc would go well together. I took a sip of my coffee. Laf kissed Herc and Herc freaked, then Laf spilt his coffee and Herc just ran. Then Laf held his hand over his mouth, grabbed napkins tried to clean himself up then just ran out of the store. I spit out my coffee, "Oh. My. God. HE LIKES HERC?!?! HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME?!?!?" I stood up. "Umm I thought Laf would've told you, but anyway someone needs to check Laf and John you and I get Herc." Alex said as he stood up. I raised my hand and said "I'll get Laf."

I walked out the door and buttoned up my long red coat. Then saw Laf walking away from the coffee store with only a tee shirt and jeans on. I ran up to him "Hey Laf what...are you ok?" He turned around sobbing harder then I've ever seen him cry and I was with him when his mother died. As soon as he saw it was me he put his arms around my neck and hugged me. He cried into my shoulder and we just stood there and hugged for a little bit. It felt good to hug my best friend again.

"Mon ami thanks for coming out here for me." He sniffed in between every other cry. "Hey you're my best friend of course I'll come out here for you. Sooo why are you crying? And why are you out here without a jacket?!?!?" I gave him my coat. I was wearing a sweater underneath my coat so I didn't need mine. "Thanks mon ami, and I just screwed up." He sniffed and I put my arm around him. He looked up at me and said "I thought he was straight but then when he put his hand on my chest I...he blushed and acted all gay. And I don't know I thought that maybe...he liked me now." I chuckled "Yeah cuz it looked pretty gay to me. And the fact that he knows your favorite coffee! I mean like how does he know that?" I scratched my head then sat on a bench and he sat next to me, and put his head on my shoulder.

"Well can I tell you une histoire first?" he wiped his tears. I put a confused look on my face while I was translating what he said. I knew French but I wasn't very fast to understand it. Then I knew what he said 'a story' "Of course." I gently patted his head. "My mama used to make that coffee that's why I loved it. And one day I was going to the coffee shop with a friend alone for the first time so she wrote the name of the coffee and exactly the way I liked it on a piece of paper, so that I wouldn't forget what to order. Ever since she died I always carry it with me, it's the last thing I have of her. She was the best. But since yesterday I...I can't...find it." Then he started crying again.

I hugged him tight. "Hey are you ready to go back in there?" He looked up at me. "Umm not yet in a couple minutes. I need to my eyes to get...well not red." I gave him a confused look. "No no them being red will make Herc feel guilty! Then he might kiss you!" He sat up. "Yeah but then I'd feel bad. Never mind let's go." I helped him up and we walked back in.

While the two were outside

Alex's POV
"John you and I get Herc." That left Samuel at the table alone...awkwardly...just sitting there. We walked over to the bathroom and I felt so bad because I rushed Lafayette into this situation. 'He wouldn't have ruined his favorite shirt, embarrassed himself, or gotten emotionally hurt if I didn't intervene. God I hate myself.'

We knocked on the door. "Hey Herc? Are you ok? Wanna let us in and we can just talk?" John said softly. We heard nothing. So I stepped in front of John and tried to comfort him even more. "Hercules. It's just Alex, and John. Ok, now please let us in." I said hopefully. He opened the door and let us in. "I'm a horrible person Alex. I practically ruined Lafayette's life." He put his hands over his face and started pacing back and forth. "Well so now I guess we know for sure you're not gay...or bi." I said. Then John elbowed me in the arm. "Ouch! I meeeaaann...I'm a man that didn't hurt me!" I turned to the wall and grabbed my arm where John hit me. To my surprise Herc didn't roll his eyes he said. "No, no John it's fine. Actually I thought I was gay then I saw the way Laf looked at me when I fixed his hair and I knew...I'm not, and maybe I'm bi because the way Laf kissed me...I liked it. But I've never liked a guy so this would be new to me...can either of you relate?" I looked at John. John looked at me he blushed. Then I got an idea that would: 1) Help me and John get closer 2) Help Herc and 3) Just be a treat for me! I stepped forward "Well I think I can! I mean I don't think John knew this but Herc you do!" I turned to face John and put me hands around his neck. "Well little turtle it's time to go to the ocean. I'm bi." He just stood there turned pale, blushed and looked at me. "So Herc in a way yes I can relate to you, but I'm another way I can't sooo give me a minute then I'll be able to!" I put my hands around Johns neck which was tomato red and pulled his face onto mine and kissed him for like 5 seconds. When I let him go I turned to Herc and said "Yup I get it! I can relate now! And John by the way you are a great kisser!!" He stood there and his jaw dropped then turned to face me and pointed at me then at Herc. He was BRIGHT red. Like the reddest shade of red I've ever seen , I laughed. "Wait. What. Just. Happened. So. Uhh. I. We just. But. When did you. Oh my god." He almost fell over and fainted. "Good lord John what am I gonna do with you?" We both caught him. "Ok John...I'm bi see?" I showed him my socks which had the bisexual flag on them. "Ok now you know I'm bi, yes I kissed you...I needed to know what it felt like to be kissed by a guy ok!" I said as I tried to hide the fact that I liked him. He then looked at me like I was crazy. "Ok Herc we got your situation though right?" I asked as I put my hand on his shoulder. "Yes, I just freaked because I didn't know he liked me and I've never kissed a guy...or anyone before." Johns jaw dropped once again. "Ok but buddy you gotta stop doing this."We walked out to find George walking in with his arm over Lafayette's shoulders and Lafayette wearing George's red, gold and fur leather coat. They sat down Laf's eyes and nose still bright red from crying. We sat and George started making out with Samuel. John clapped in their faces and said "Hey this is not about you right now!" I laughed. Laf gave George his coat back and put his on. "Mon ami...I'm sorry. I was a...I don't know...but I love you. I always have, and I..."- Herc put his finger over Laf's mouth. "I'm the one. It's my fault. Let's forget about it and go home ok?" He rubbed Laf's face. Laf blushed and I hugged John. Then George started making out with Samuel again. "Oh Sammy..." they wouldn't stop. "GOOD LORD GEORGE CANT YOU GET OFF OF HIM FOR 5 MINUTES!?!?" John spoke louder...a lot louder  when he said that. Then I drove us all home and it was a quiet ride.