Chapter 1

Johns POV
Alex dragged me to the car half dressed. I mean on one hand I only had to put on a shirt but still, on the other hand I'm SOOO ready for coffee. "Ok so basically y'all dragged me out of bed to go to a coffee shop withhhh??" I was so tired and I had no idea what was happening. Laf turned around in the passengers seat and said "George, you, me, Alex and Herc are going to the coffee shop for a coffee or two. Got it?" I rubbed my face. "Umm yup." Then Alex blurted "Oh and George is bringing his new boyfriend. Is that ok?" 'Hmm boyfriend?' "Uh yeah sure!"

Same time at the Schuyler house
Angelica's POV
"So this Maria, is she nice?" I asked very vigilant. She looked at me annoyed "Yes! Gelli chill!!" I looked at her confused. "Haha. Gelli is your new nickname! AnGELica, get it?" I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Yeah, yeah ok whatever MARGARITA." She glared at me. "NO. It's Peggy, always been Peggy always will be." I laughed and hugged her. She always had a little sass.

"Peg did Eliza already leave?" "Yup, last night she bought a bunch of chocolate candy for the kids." I blushed "Aww how sweet!" Eliza ran an orphanage, she cared for those kids as she would her own. I felt bad for her she had to watch these kids whose parents had died or kids who had been abused. She wanted to have kids so bad but never found someone who truly loved her. Neither could I though.

"Hey Peg maybe we should invite Maria out for some coffee so you can get to know her!" Her eyes widened and she gasped "Omg yes! But you have to sit at a separate table." I clapped "Yes! Deal!" "Oh and speaking of Maria she just texted me back!" She read it in her head then read it aloud. "Ok it says 'Hey Peggy! I was wondering if you wanna meet up sometime soon! 😊' Wow she wants to meet up too! I guess I'll ask!" She said blushing. She said what she typed as she typed it. "Ok let's saaaayyy...'Yes I was thinking the same thing! Do you wanna meet up at the closest coffee shop?' Ok that's what I'm gonna say!" I gently kissed her head and said "Peg I just want you to know how proud I am of you. Ok you are so strong, and brave." Then I started tickling her "Gelli!!" She was laughing so hard she was crying. Alright ALRIGHT GELLI!!! AAAA STOP!! AAAAAHAHA!! WAIT SHE TEXTED ME BACK! Oh aw man, she texted back! Ok she said 'Yeah I would love that! See you at 11:30!' 11:30!?!? That's in 20 minutes! Angelica what am I gonna do?"

I looked in her closet for a decent dress for her to wear. "Oh here! The dress I got you for your birthday! The silk white one with yellow sunflowers on it! I love that dress. And you could wear your yellow wedges!" She quickly agreed with me and changed while I made a small braid in the back of her hair. "Ok you're ready? So am I let's go!" We went to the coffee shop and happily made it on time. We found Maria sitting in a booth wearing a red tee shirt with overalls and red pumps. She had a black leather purse around her body as well. We walked over to her and Peggy introduced me. She actually seemed really sweet and she was hot too. We got coffees and hung out for a little while when a group of guys walked in.

Laf's POV
Once we got to the coffee shop as soon as we walked in my eyes immediately shifted to a girl in a white dress with sunflowers on it. She had a braid in the back of her hair too. She was so cute. But then she looked at me so I just looked away. Then I remembered I had more important things to be thinking about, Herc! I thought to myself 'Now that I'm here I could invite Herc on his shift off and I could maybe do soooomee flirting???' I got out my phone and texted Herc.
                                    Herc 🐴
                                     11:45
                              Hey on ur shift off wanna join me and the boys for some coffee?? - Laf🥖
                                     11:53
Herc 🐴- Yeah! I could rlly use one right now. See ya there! 👋

So we found a big enough table for all 6 of us and sat. We were still waiting for George and Sam-Sammy...whatever his name is to arrive. Finally they got here and I got up to greet George. "Comment vas-tu? I haven't seen you in forever!" We hugged and I saw the guy he was with and man he was quite a catch. "I've been good! How 'bout you?" I let go and showed him where he and his boyfriend would sit. "I've been good as well. My baking is getting a lot of attention...and so is Herc." I whispered the last bit. He laughed then stood up and pulled out the empty chair for his boyfriend. "Alright lads this here is my friend...well boyfriend" he shook the hot guy. "Samuel Seaburry!!" George kissed Samuel on the cheek and they both sat down. Then Samuel spoke "But you can all call me Sammy if you would like!" He had a very thick accent as well. It was actually pretty cute!

Then Herc walked in I walked up to him and he tugged on the bottom of his sweater vest. "Herc! I missed you. I needed someone I can relate to." He then tugged on the bottom of my long coat. "Yup I missed you too bud. And it looks like you need a new coat soon." He inspected mine. "Oooo oooo!! Oui I doooo!!!" "Haha ok I'll see about that." He grinned and walked to our table.

On the way back the girl in the white dress sneaked a glance at me and I did the same. She blushed and I winked at her. Then I saw her eyes wander downward and I immediately pulled my coat over that area. She blushed even harder and looked deep into my eyes and played with her hair. I sat back at our table and we talked for a little.

"Alright I believe it's about coffee time!!" John said. And I replied "Oui I believe so mon ami! Herc can I offer you anything? It'll be on moi!" I said as I walked over to him. He stood up and put his hand on my chest. I felt the heat rising to my face then my cheeks, and looked at Alex and he nodded. "No allow me Laf." Soon he realized where his hand was and I saw his cheeks turn into a maroon color. He falsely cleared his throat, put his hand down and mumbled "Uhh it's on me Laf. I got it...umm my treat!"

He walked to the barista and ordered for us. 'How does he even know what I want??' Then sat. He soon came back "Ok Laf I hope I got this right! Soo I ordered you aaaaa...espresso with some steamed milk, milk foam, and a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top. Just the way you liked it in France! And look it even has a little Flag on top! 🇫🇷" he set it down and pointed at the flag then sat.

I started crying gently, out of nowhere it was like my mama making the coffee. Only she knew that was my favorite coffee. Usually I get a French vanilla bean frappe. I sniffed. As soon as Alex and Herc saw and heard me crying into my hands Alex ran over and Herc stood back up since he was sitting right in front of me. "Hey Laf buddy are you ok?!?!? What happened? What's wrong?" Alex put his arms around me. "Laf did I do something wrong? I'm sorry! I should have asked what coffee you liked." And I tried to explain without sobbing. "No, no actually it's...my most favorite coffee...ever! My...my uhh mama...umm she used to make it for me all the time. And...only she knew it was my favorite coffee." I took a sip and started crying harder. I couldn't control myself anymore. "And it tastes just like the way she made it."

I was so embarrassed I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I looked in the mirror and thought. 'Seriously Marquis come on man. Herc doesn't deserve a wimp like you. Ugh! I'll never be enough!' I fixed my ponytail and rinsed my face then went back out there. "Sorry for the émotif breakdown guys! I don't know what hit me..." The table went quiet. Then I broke the silence. "Actually oui I do. My mama's death." Herc look ashamed. "I...I'm sorry Laf." He stood up walked over to me and for the first time ever...voluntarily hugged me it felt great. He rubbed his fingers in my hair. Then of course Alex ruined it by saying. "Damn Herc you must be reeeaaaally sorry!!" Herc immediately let go and sat down. "It's ok Herc." I was actually starting to think he was gay!!

Then a couple minutes later we were having so much fun catching up Alex suggested we play 7 minutes in heaven in the men's bathroom. Each 'couple' would go into the bathroom and lock the door and do...well ya know have 7 minutes in heaven. I thought it was hilarious until it came my turn. We had a coke bottle and Alex spun it but it didn't land on anyone at our table...yup it landed on the girl with the sunflower dress sitting at the front of the shop. Luckily the other girl she was eating with left to who knows where. So Alex asked her and she seemed fine with it. Then she realized it was with me. And blushed...hard.

So I took her to the men's bathroom and we talked "Sooo I saw you lookin at me earlier." She played with her hair "Yeah...I mean you're pretty cute...and you have an accent. So it's a win for me!" She pulled up her dress by the top. "Well I'm Marquis de Lafayette. But most people call me Laf or Lafayette. And I bake!" She laughed "I like you're full name though your first it beautiful. Mine is Margarita Schuyler. People call me Peggy. I...I ummm don't do much...go to book stores occasionally." I fixed my hair. "Well I like Margarita! It suits you." I put my hand on the wall and leaned over her. "And I love your dress." My voice got softer as we leaned in to kiss. "Well I love your hair." She took my hair out of the ponytail. And started unbuckling my belt. And surprising I let her. Then we kissed. It was an intense one too. And if I'm being honest that was my first kiss...and it was with a girl. I took of my shirt, she started taking off her dress. I ran my hands up her back and she did the same. I couldn't stop kissing her. Something was...different. Then I heard Alex knock. "Hey lovebirds 7 minutes is up!" I looked deep into her eyes. Then responded "Ok give us a minute. Margarita can I have your number?" I asked as I was putting back on my shirt. Then helped her with her dress. "Yes Marquis you may." She then got on her tip toes to kiss my cheek.