Chapter 6

Johns POV
Soon I drifted off and woke up on the couch, with my head on Alex's lap, and to my surprise Lafayette was making us all breakfast. I felt Alex wake up and pretended to still be asleep to see what he would do, he gently lifted my head and put a pillow under it. Then he kissed my forehead and whispered "I wish I could wake up to that every day." And giggled.

I started to feel the heat gradually rise to my cheeks "JOHN LAURENS! Are you awake!?!?" He started chucking and I just jumped up and burst into laughter. When I jumped up Alex grabbed me and gave me a knuckle sandwhich. Then Laf blurt out "You guys need to get together or something!" I turned bright red and went to get water.

Alex mumbled "Anyways...How you feelin' Laf?" Laf turned to him from the stove and shrugged "C'est bon I called sunflower girl last night..." I immediately ran to Laf and said "Ooooo spill sister!!" Like a little girl. "Mon ami calm down, basically she's amazing. She listened for like a whole straight hour." I Pat him on the back then checked the time. "CRAP ALEX, TIME!" Alex looked at the clock and his eyes widened immediately. Laf covered for Alex by shouting "SHOOT." I could just barley hear Alex screaming 'Shit.' "Ok Laf we gotta get ready and leave, but save leftovers for us!!" Laf turned toward me "Ouí I will mom ami!"

SAME TIME AT THE SCHUYLER HOUSE

Peggy's POV (sorry it took so long to get here!)
We talked for a few hours on face call then hung up and we both went to bed. I can't believe that happened to him. And by his best friend? He'll pay for this.

It's morning now and I'm going to see Lafayette, what do I weeeaaarrr... "GEEELLLIIIII!!!" I heard Angelica come sprinting upstairs, then out of breath she said "Yes peg?" I gestured for her to sit on my bench at the end of my bed. "So I'm going to see Lafayette today and I don't know what to wear because he had a REALLY rough night last night." I explained to her everything that happened and she felt horrible. "Hmm well not too sexy then...it is getting colder so how about a sweater and jeans?" I smiled and nodded then walked over to my closet grabbed my grey sweater and a pair of blue jeans. I put them on and added a necklace with a little gold heart as the final touch. "Oooo I like it! But it needs perfume!"

Angelica grabbed my hand and dragged me into her room to her vanity which was filled with expensive makeup and jewelry our father buys us for our birthdays. "Here!" She handed me a bottle of perfume it was her most prized one too, Daddy bought it for her on her 21st birthday and she always scolds anyone who touches it without permission. "Wow Gelli you're really letting me use this?" She looked at me. "Uhhh no. It's just for you to look at." I looked disappointed and said "Oh." Then she started laughing and said "I'm just kidding use a few sprits on your neck and wrists!" I laughed and hugged her then did as she instructed. "Ok I think you're ready! Go get that man!"

I squealed and ran to grab my tiny leather purse with little sunflowers on it. It was my favorite. I then ran downstairs and bumped into Eliza. "Oop sorry Liza!" That's was her little nickname I gave her, as she started up the stairs I heard her sniffling. "Uhh hey Liza are you ok?" She stopped and slowly turned around crying. "Oh my gosh Liza! Sit down let's talk." We sat on the stairs and I tucked her baby hairs behind her ear. "What's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be at the orphanage?" She shook her head no, "No...I'm not." I was shocked. She couldn't have gotten fired! "What why? What happened?" She wiped her tears sniffed and slowly said "Well I got in trouble and my employees threatened to get me fired..." SHE GOT FIRED!?!? Well almost fired!?!?

So here I decided to try a new format tell me if you guys like it or not! It's like pov but also narrative

'Sooo I almost got fired...it's no big deal...All I do is run the orphanage. Maybe a visit to a friends house would help? Maybe I'll go see Alex, I haven't seen him in years!' Eliza headed over to his office after finally finding his contact information and waited at the front desk till an employee attended the desk. "Yes hi Miss, I am here to see a Mr. Hamilton?" Eliza's cheeks got pink as she remembered how good looking he was in college. "Okay ma'am do you have a scheduled meeting with him or is it a walk in?" "It's a walk in ma'am." The front desk lady stood up and led Eliza to a small conference room. "Mr. Hamilton will be in shortly." Eliza turned to her and said "Oh alright thank you!" Shortly Alex walked in and his face lit up. "E-Elizabeth! Umm this is unexpected!" She nodded "Yeah I was having a tough day so I thought I'd find an old friend!" He chuckled awkwardly and mumbled "Uh-huh ok." Then politely asked "So what do you need a lawyer for?" She sat closer to him and whispered "For my debt. Don't you remember we were quite the thing back in the day!" Alex's cheeks quickly turned red and he rubbed his neck and said "Haha I'd like to not recall my mistakes."

'Now I remember why I broke up with this woman.' Alex thought annoyed.  "Ok well if you truly don't need anything then I'll be on my way, I have real work to do." Eliza stood up and grabbed his arm. "Wait! I do have a purpose...wanna go out for a drink?" Alex put his other hand over his face and groaned. "Not as a date silly! Just to catch up!" 'Hmmm I do kinda want a night away from work...ugh what the hell.' "Sure Miss Schuyler." He said sarcastically, she giggled "Oh Alexander please! Call me Elizabeth or Eliza whatever you like, just like old times!" 'Well in the old times I called you sexy but sure.' "Ok whatever." Alex then called John first to tell him he was busy tonight. He went to his contact list and clicked 'Laurens 🥵🥰' as he looked ant the contact he blushed. He then clicked call and hoped John would pick up.

"Hello this is John Laurens" 'I love it when he acts all professional!' Alex giggled and responded "Hi john! I just called to let you know I'll be busy tonight, I'm going out with Eliza Schuyler a girl I dated in college to catch up and talk about old times. Is that ok with you?" John immediately knew the girl whom of which he was talking about. 'Seriously Elizabeth? She was toxic in college, and a horrible influence on Alex.' "Hello...John you there?" John snapped out of his thoughts and answered quickly "Yes, yeah I'm here sorry! Umm I mean...sure! Yeah of course you can go! Just do me a favor..." Alex waited for John to finish his sentence and said "Yeah what is it?" John took a deep breath and said "Please...be careful ok?" Alex laughed and responded "Ok John." "I'm serious Alex! Elizabeth was bad in college!" Alex sighed "Ok I hear ya John I will." "Ok Alex, bye." Alex smiled "Ok bye." Then John mumbled "I'll miss you..." Alex was about to hang up when he heard the mumble. "What? Did you say something?" John turned pink "Oh uhh no bye!" Then hung up immediately. John went home after his shift and told the others...well Lafayette about Alex's little meet up with his ex...girlfriend.

Lafayette took a break from work today to just take a breather after all that's happened during this week. 'Why would he do that? Whatever Peggy should be getting here soon.' He checked his phone and texted her and asked if she was close by. 'Yup I'm turning onto your street and pulling up to the house!' Was her text. Laf jumped up to go out something better on. He ran to his room opened his wardrobe and put some jeans on then chose a purple cardigan to wear over his grey tee-shirt. He then heard Peggy knock so he rushed to the door rolled up his sleeves and gently opened the door. "Bonjour tournesol! You look étonnant today." She blushed and shyly asked "Oh really? Well what does that mean?" He smirked and said "Tournesol means sunflower, and étonnant means astonishing." Peggy blushed even harder now but started to shiver, when Lafayette saw this he wrapped his arms around her and moved her inside. "Désolée I got carried away talking." She lifted an eyebrow "And that means?" They laughed "That means sorry." Peggy smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's nice having you here. Everyone's at work, well except for John, he's out getting groceries." Peggy nodded then followed Lafayette into the kitchen. "I'm going to make a cake would you like to help?" Peggy rushed over and laughed "YES!!" 'Aww she's so cute when she does that. I can't keep my eyes off her. She's like a magnet.'  They shared a moment then got to work.

Alex drove them (him and Eliza) to their favorite bar and ordered her a beer and whiskey for himself. 'If I'm being honest this is pretty nice, I guess Eliza really has changed.' He took a glance at Eliza and stared at her chocolate eyes, when she noticed he quickly turned away. He took a big sip of his whiskey and ordered another round. "Hey Elizabeth I have to use the restroom but I'll be right back stay put." She chuckled and said "You treat me like a little puppy! But I will stay"

As soon as he left Eliza put a dissolve able melatonin into his drink so he'd be tired but not too tired and still able to drive. As soon as he came back she acted normal and pretended like nothing happened. "Ok I'm back, this is the last drink then I gotta head home it's already 9:43 and I have work tomorrow." He took another chug of his whiskey, which was now drugged. Ten minutes later the melatonin started to kick in. "Geez Eliza are you..." he yawns "The least bit tired?" She shook her head and continued talking.

That's the end for now. I'm driving all the way to Florida which is far from where I live so I won't be uploading constantly.
-Ashlyn