10/26/19

We were getting ready to pop in a movie when this little girl came rushing into our dorm and shouted "Ren!" and Val, who was chilling on the couch, freaked out, fell off the couch, and hugged the little girl.

Val got all excited and hugged the girl, and hugged the man and women outside the door. They introduced me and Lottie to them all. Val said that the little girl, who looked about four, was their daughter Dawn, and those were Val's grandparents, who Val was staying with before moving to college. Lottie and I both were shocked that Val was a parent, but also couldn't stay shocked because Dawn was so cute.

Val introduced us as Dawn's aunts and Lottie asked Dawn if she'd like to meet Georgie. I've never seen Val have such a wide smile, and I asked them why they never mentioned they had a daughter. Val said that they thought it would invalidate them and would make them appear more like a women than an nb. I hugged them and stated the obvious that they're valid no matter their past.

Dawn asked if she could spend the night tonight and, literally almost crying, Val said that they had school and work tomorrow and wouldn't have time to stay home. However, fall break was soon and they'd come home for a bit. Val's grandparents said that Dawn missed them so much and wouldn't stop asking for her ren, that as soon as they were in the city, they had to stop bye. Val hugged them all once more, and we had to get back to our typical college life.