6/21/20

It's fathers day and I have a lot of fathers this year. The first year that I have all my parents, corona had to hit. I was excited to see them for father's day, but they said they don't want to risk anything.

Instead, I'm spending father's day like I have been the past few years with just one of them. Me, Aaron, and Cherry got out a puzzle and did it all in one sitting. Whoever has to go to the bathroom first loses. Aaron and I are usually the winners, but Cherry is swearing that she'll win this year.

About halfway through the puzzle Peggy started making her way up to the table and toward the puzzle. I asked mom to feed her, and she told me it's my responsibility. I knew that Peggy was smart enough to have her food container wrapped in her tail, but I need to be able to get her food into her terrarium.

Eventually dad had to go to the bathroom, and Cherry went right after him. She didn't particularly care about winning, she just didn't want to be the loser. I managed to get her to feed Peggy.

It was down to just me and Aaron. Also we had almost all of the puzzle complete. Then fate occurred. Not my friend Fate, but destiny. Mom came back with groceries and asked us to help bring them in. I'm not a momma's boy and neither is Aaron, but who will be disrespectful and a disappointment? Not the one with both his legs! I won fathers day!

After he got up and officially left the kitchen table, I grabbed my crutches to be a good daughter and help bring in some of the groceries.