Ah my sweet (Paul)

You stirred the soup, watching the carrots and tomatoes dance, bobbing around every now and then. With each stir, a new vegetable would pop up, adding themselves to the choreography. You found your attention fading away from the dinner you were preparing, and instead to your husband of 50 years playing with your grand-kids in the back yard.

He was chasing them around. Your granddaughter, Daphne was giggling her tiny head off. She was trying her hardest to run away from your beloved. Paul's arms were stretched completely forward, 'attempting' to reach Daphne. He was doing little grabby hands too, making your grandson Miles laugh.

Miles was now running behind Paul, tripping over his feet. Paul soon stopped, and turned around. Now, the tables have turned, with Miles being chased.

His face was a total beam. You realized it was contagious as you were now smiling at the cute sight. Paul certainly wasn't the young man you married, but you still saw him in there. The doe eyes were now wrinkled, the once dark hair was all light and grey. Frankly, you found him still as attractive.

Your eyes widened, the soup was burning. Rolling your eyes, you turn the stove off. After, you throw the ladle on the edge of the pot, balancing it. You then untied your red and white striped apron, placing it delicately onto the granite counter.

You made your way over to the screen doors, which led you into the backyard. The smell of smoke filled the atmosphere. With a deep breath, you took in the amazing summer night wonders. The trees were greener than ever. One of them was unique, with a hole in it, and little squrriels climbing up and done. You chuckled a bit at this.

Daphne spotted you and dashed over.

"Grandma Grandma!" She jumped into your arms, a tear forming in your cheek.

"Hi sweetie, is Grandpa too slow," You looked over at Paul, who was leaning against the swingset near the porch.

"Yes, yes he is Grandma," Miles spoke, grabbing at your leg.

Paul smiled his way over to you, kissing the top of your head lovingly, making you blush.

"See that you two, I can still make your Grandma blush after 5o years," Paul boasted.

"The soup is no longer edible, so I was thinking a pizza?" You suggest, widening your eyes and bringing them upward.

"Yes! Grandma you're the best!" Miles gave a toothy grin. He was missing one of his middle teeth, giving his a large gap.

"Well let's all sit down, Grandma's bones don't work like they used to," You rolled your eyes, squatting down. Daphne leaped out of your arms and ran over to the picnic table which was right beside the swing set.

The table was old, but not dangeros. The actual table, had two benches conected off of it. Paul sat down opposite of you. His hazel eyes deeply stared into your (y/e/c) eyes.

"Grandma?"

You looked over at Daphne who was studying Paul's face very hard.

"Yes?"

"Why does Grandpa look like a melted popsicle?"

Suddenly you bursted out laughing, and the two children did the same. Your eyes flicked back through Paul who was jokingly rolling his eyes.

"I look like a melted popsicle?" He puffed out his chest, and then made gave Daphne a little pout.

"Yes! You got saggy skin!" She giggled, Miles was confused since he had been laughing up until this point.

"Your Grandpa may be a melted popsicle but he's my melted popsicle," You blushed a bit as you spoke. The curves and creases of Paul's expression warmed your heart more.

Miles began humming a tune. The notes would go up, and more up then drop juristically.

"What are you humming Miles?" You asked him.

"I dunno," He shrugged and continued to hum.

Paul soon got up and walked over to you.

"May I have this dance m'lady" He bowed in front of you.

"Why of course," You answered with a posh accent, taking his hand. He walked you over to the grass right near the picnic table. Miles began to hum even louder and Paul took your hand with his. Your hand fell to his back whilst his was on your waist.

You two began to rock slowly, while moving your feet. Daphne and Miles were scanning you two closely, smiles stretched from ear to ear.

Paul then spun you around before taking you into his arms. To your shock, he lifted you up by your waist, flying you through the air.

"Oh Paul put me down," You chuckled, lightly smacking his shoulder.

He rolled his eyes and brought you back down to the ground. He leaned into your ear, his hit breath trailing down your body, "I love you"

"I love you too Paul,"