Chapter 20

Lucy POV

„So, all we know is, that the chain user was assigned to protect this girl," Chrollo explains, while handing every member of the troupe a picture of a blue haired teenage girl.

"Ah," I call out as I glace over Machis shoulder, and recognize the blue haired girl on the photograph. Suddenly, twelfe pairs of eyes are glued on me, waiting for me to say something. "That girl is Neon Nostrade," I hesitantly explain. „She is the daughter of Light Nostrade, a mafia leader, that has gained a lot of power lately."

Chrollo nods. „That's right. And I've had the pleasure to meet her on the auction two days ago."
„And you stole her ability," Phinks ads with a smirk. „Yeah. And here we have the current list of her bodyguards," Chollo continues, while handing out an other piece of paper.

„Seven bodyguards. Quite a lot of people to protect a single girl." Franklin comments while leaning over Shalnarks shoulder.

„He must love his daughter a lot," The blonde assumes. I chuckle a bit at his words. Seriously, this guy is way too naive to be a ruthless thief.

„I think he rather loves her ability," I ad sarcastically. „Some people say that his rapid rise in the mafia is only due to Neon's predictions." It is difficult for me to hide my dislike for the mafia. Not, that I would approve of anything the Phantom Troupe did recently either, but if they take up with the mafia, I am definitely on their side.

„How come you know so much about the Nostrades?" Phinks asks, with crossed arms, his dark brown eyes piercing me, as if he wants to read me. After all, I decide to be honest with them: „I know a lot about most mafia families. I did a lot of research, while searching for the bracelet." I gently touch the golden jewelry on my wrist, and glance over to Feitan. Our eyes meet for a second, before I look away kind of flustered.

‚Don't think about that now!'

„Alright, but why did she come to York New in first place?" Shizuku cuts in, while adjusting her glasses. „Well, for the auction I guess," Pakunoda assumes.
„Body parts," I mumble with a disgusted face, as I finally realize it. „Neon is known for collecting things like human body parts." Nobody that belongs to the mafia is innocent. Not even a teenage girl.

Suddenly, Chrollo opens his eyes widely and lets out a loud gasp. „Am I a fool? Damn, what's wrong with me?" he suddenly swears , running his fingers through his black hair. „Why didn't I think about this earlier?"

Dumbfolded, we look at him, waiting for him to explain himself, after his sudden outburst. After knowing him for a few days, I can tell that he isn't usually a person to loose his temper. Quite the reverse, actually. He was always calm, as nothing could bother him, as if he were always one step ahead of everything.

„Lucy is right. Neon definitely came to York New to participate at the auctions. I was so focused on stealing her ability, that I never gave this a thought. But if it's true what Lucy says and that girl really collects human bodyparts..." - „The Scarlet Eyes," Shalnark cuts in, with a stern expression on his face. „Exactly."

At this point, I have no idea what they are talking about, but at least it seems like I helped them to find a hot track.

„It is no coincidence that the chain user joined the Nostrade family. He knew that the scarlet eyes would be sold at the auction," Chrollo continues. „And he knew, that Nostrades daughter would be interested in them." Chrollo begins to walk up and down in the hall, his fingers resting on his chin. Then, after thinking for a while he continues: „The chain user wants two things: to take revenge on us and to get the eyes of his brothers back."

Alright, someone definitely needs to bring me up to speed. Dumbfolded, I watch them, as they use Kortopis Nen ability, to find the copy of what they call the Scarlet Eyes. There is nothing I could do, other than watching them. Besides, helping them to find that chain guy, was never part of the deal anyway.

Suddenly, hot breath strokes my neck, when I can hear someone whisper into my ear: „Looks like you're not as useless as I thought you'd be. Maybe we should keep you." I swirl around to look directly into a par of pitch black eyes. Feitan is looking at me with a cheeky grin. Our faces are only inches apart. Flustered, I take a step backwards and raise my hands in defense.

Shit that guy is really dangerous for my heart.'

Right now it feels, like it's planning to jump out of my chest. I could swear, anyone in the room can hear it's rapid beats right now. I might as well die from a heart attack one day.

„Forget it," I growl quietly. „I'm gonna pull that auction thing off with you guys and then I'll get the fuck out of here."

I stuck out my tongue at him, and turn back around, to understand what the others are talking about. „We will see about that," I hear a growl behind my back. Sometimes, I can't tell, if he's serious or joking.

„Hotel Beitacle," Chrollo says at this moment, while pointing on a map. „Boss, let me do that," Nobunaga requests, while reaching for the sword on his back. Pakunoda has told me, that Uvogin and him used to be best friends since they were kids. I can understand, why he want's to find that chain user so badly. I'd probably do the same for Liz, not to mention if I'd ever get the chance to find the people who killed my parents.

After a moment of thinking, Chrollo finally replies: „Alright but I'll go with you. Paku, Machi, Shizuku, I wan't you to come too."