Chapter 34

Lucy POV

„Luuucyyy-channn! - I've missed you", I was greeted by an overly exited Shalnark, as soon as I stepped out of the car. Yawning, Feitan gets out of the car as well. He has slept for the last five hours while I followed the instructions of the navigation, which finally led us through a deep forest until we reached an abandoned villa.

"H-Haunted house!", I stammer as I take a closer look at our destination. We're standing in front of an old, shabby stone villa overgrown with ivy. Some of the windows are broken and the building has such an eerie atmosphere that I shudder. "Wait until you can see it from the inside," Machi announces with a grin. "Don't let the first impression put you off, it's much better than our last headquarters," Shal adds, giving me a thumbs up.

I step from one leg to the other, still not convinced. "You even have your own room," Machi announces, with a grim sidelong glance at Feitan, who suddenly seemes wide awake. "Not an option at all," he roars and roughly grabs my wrist. "Ouch!" I exclaim and hit him on the back of his head. Shalnark laughs softly as he watches us. "Man, I've missed you guys. Was really quiet here without you." - "Who would miss that shitty brat", Feitan growls, rubing the back of his head, where I just hit him. "I was just about to say the same about you, shrimp", I reply, sticking my tongue out at him.

He just growls at my last comment, leaving me behind, while entering the old building through the old wooden door. It makes a squeaky noise when he opens it and I shudder again. "If you're scared, you can sleep with me," Feitan calls over his shoulder and disappears into the building. Reluctantly, I follow Machi and Shalnark, who now also started to walk towards it. "Come on, I'll show you your room, I've picked the most beautiful one for you and it's right next to mine," Machi announces with a kind smile. "And as far away as possible from Feitans," Shalnark adds with a grin. I'm pretty sure I just heard angry growl from inside the mansion.

Giggling, I grab my backpack and step through the old wooden door. Machi didn't promise to much. From inside, the villa looks much better than expected. It is old and gloomy, but someone has gone to great lengths to clean everything up. We are standing in a large entrance hall with several doors. In front of us, a large staircase leads up to the first floor. I follow Machi, who has already made her way halfway up the stairs.

A large, dusty chandelier hangs from the high ceiling and casts a dim light into the room. I follow the pink haired to the left, into a long hallway with many large, pointed windows. "The boys' rooms are on the right side," she explains to me and opens one of the doors. "Here we are."

I step through the tall door frame and look around. I find myself in a beautifully furnished, clean room. On the left wall is a georgeous canopy bed with white curtains, freshly covered with a sky-blue sheet. There is a large cabinet on the left wall, as well as a lovely, antique desk made of light wood. "You also have your own bathroom," Machi explains, pointing to a door next to the cabinet.

"My room is to your right and Shizuku is to your left. I'll leave you alone, come over when you have finished unpacking." I nod slowly, still overwhelmed by the beautiful room. Shal hadn't promised too much: it would be a lot better than the old factory where we last stayed.

When I look at my cell phone i see that i have an unread message from Liz:

'Save up some of the bad boys for me. I'm on my way.'