Chapter 22

I wandered around the streets and ended up at a small bar, even though it's early I need a drink or few drinks. I enter the bar and there's a woman behind the counter smiling at me.

"Ah a newcomer, whats your damage?"
"Can I get the strongest drink that'll get me drunk quickly."
"Coming right up."

I have a seat in front of her and scroll through my phone, I see a message from an unknown number. When I click on it and open the message it's my old number... but how.. I guess something happened to the cashier and they messaged me? It's just weird. The message said: He's already found out you gave me his car, now he's trying to find your location. The man was really mad and had scary men with him.  I put my phone down and rub my temples only for the barmaid caught my attention with my drink.

"One Aunt Roberta."
"Thank you." I smiled and downed the drink and she proceeded to make more.

"So What happened to you hun?" The lady looked at me curiously.
"Just an asshole and a crazy stalker, it's overwhelming."
"Sounds like you're quite popular."
"I wouldn't say that. I just attract the weirdos."
"Weirdos?" She laughed and I started laughing too.
"Yeah weirdos."
"Well which one brought lead you here today?" She said handing me another drink.
I downed it and sighed, "The asshole.."
"Why don't you give him a piece of his own medicine then?"
"I hadn't even thought of that, but I maybe I'll do that." I said as I took out some money and gave it to the lady.
"Leaving already?"
"Yeah sadly I have to get home before my friend kills me."  The lady takes the money and says goodbye while I head to the door.

I take a taxi home and go inside the house. I throw my purse and jacket on the couch and go to my room. I lay in the bed and start to doze off.

"Dia, you're so beautiful. You're such a submissive wife." Carter looks at me smiling. His hand moves towards my neck and I tilt my head back. He starts to softly grip my neck and kiss me roughly. The kiss gets intense and I start losing the ability to breathe. The hand that is around my neck is now choking me. My eyes are wide with fear and the face of anger resides in Carter's face.
"How dare you try to leave me bitch." His face turns bitter and the grip gets stronger. I try to reach out my arms wouldn't move. They hurt when I did. Carter throws me to the floor and snap can be heard. My arm dislocates out of my body, but I can't make a sound. Carter then stands over me with a gun pointed at my head with a grin. As he pulls the trigger I wake up in a panic with Hope staring at me shaking me to wake up. Tears start to swell up in my eyes and my throat feels dry.

"Are you okay Dia, you were screaming for help?"
I nod my head and hope hugs me.
"It's okay to be strong, but sometimes you need to cry D. You're hurting even in your dreams... maybe you should get a therapist?"