Chapter 17

"What did you get yourself into Dia?"
"Don't wanna talk about it.. Can you just make my name disappear or not?"
"Fine, lets go." Jason says fixing his shirt and pants.

"Hey C, Im leaving for a few." Cara nods her head and I follow Jason out the door. We head towards a black Honda across the street and he unlocks the door and opens the passenger side. I get in and he closes the door, he then heads to the other side of the car and gets inside. He straps in and starts the car and he starts driving.

"So... where are we going?" I said looking at Jason, but he didnt even look my way or answer.

It kinda annoyed me..

"So you're just going to leave me in the unknown like you did years ago."

What I said pissed Jason off because his grip on the wheel got tighter.

"I didnt leave you in the unknown."
"Oh really? So what was it? A reason to break up with me?" I scoffed.
"You know what, why don't you just stay quiet the rest of the ride. You came to me for help, remember?"
"Seemed like asking you for help was a mistake, just take me to hope's house."

Jason pulls over to the side of the rode and glares at me.
"So we're really doing this?"
"Im not doing anything, why can't you just take me to fucking hope's house!?"
"Why can't you stop being an asshole?! Throwing side comments about something so little!"

Without thinking about it I slapped Jason. I felt tears starting to form.

"I loved you! You were my everything! You disappeared on me, it's not fair. You started a new life and didnt even try to contact me."
"You think it wasn't hard for me?! I wanted to marry you, be a husband and a father. I disappeared so you wouldn't get caught up in my shit."
"Well look where it got me, escaping an abusive bastard and going under radar."
"Wait.. did you say you were abused?"

My eye widen in shock that I said too damn much already.