"Boys have asked you? What did you say?" Harry choked out.

"No, of course. It was a bunch of boys from Beauxbatons and a few from Durmstrang so I didn't know any of them. And the boys at Hogwarts who asked me, I don't like enough to go with them," Rose explained.

"So there's someone you would like to go with?" Harry asked, trying to sound as if he didn't care. Rose looked slightly hurt at how nonchalant he seemed.

"I...I don't know. I guess we'll see when the right person asks me," Rose responded. Harry felt his shoulders sag a little at her response.

"Oh, honestly! You two are so oblivious!" Ron yelled as he stomped away.

"What's he on about?" Harry questioned.

"No idea," Rose said with an amused sigh.

The next few days were filled with whispers and giggles about the ball and who was going with who. Harry and Rose had both been asked multiple times but always turned down any requests.

"She was cute," Ron teased Harry after he walked back over. They were studying in the library and Harry had stood up to get a book when the girl had practically ambushed him.

"Yeah, and about a foot taller than me," Harry scoffed. "Imagine what I'd look like dancing with her."

Hermione and Rose both opened their mouth to argue when Viktor entered the library. Rose knew that he was probably going to ask Hermione to the ball, but the problem was that anytime he entered the library she would leave, as it was impossible to study with all his fangirls around him.

"We're leaving?" Rose guessed when Hermione slammed her book closed, not even 2 minutes after Viktor entered the library.

"Yep!" Hermione responded angrily. This quartet ended up at Hagrid's, as they were all interested in hearing how his interview with Rita Skeeter went and the class was starting soon.

"She didn't seem very interested in magical Creatures, to tell you the truth," Hagrid admitted when the quartet asked. "She just wanted to talk about Harry and Rose. She asked me a bunch of questions about you two and seemed disappointed when I told her how good you two were. Pretty strange."

Harry and Rose shared a look, neither excited for when the article came out.

"Course she did," Harry sighed as he cut into a dragon liver. They were preparing food for the skrewts as their Care of Magical Creatures lesson. "She wants to hear that we're crazy."

"She wants a new angle, Hagrid! You're supposed to say that Harry is a delinquent and that Rose is a murderer!" Ron pointed out as he cut open a dragon kidney. A splash of blood flew and came within 2 millimeters of landing on Rose. She held up her knife and pointed it at him.

"Get dragon blood on me and I will be a murderer," Rose fake threatened with a scowl on her face before brightly smiling. "Ok! Glad we came to an agreement!"

"Merlin, you can be scary," Ron shuddered. Rose sent him a bright smile and nodded her head while Hermione scoffed.

"Are you coming to the ball, Hagrid?" Hermione asked, not wanting the Slytherins in the class to see Rose playing with her friends and somehow tell Rita about how she threatened Ron.

"Thought about it," Hagrid admitted. "I'll probably go. Who're you takin', Harry?"

"Oh, I don't...I don't have a date yet," Harry admitted, his cheeks red. He glanced at Rose for a second and watched as she cut into her dragon heart a little harsher than she had before. Ron laughed at her and she picked up the heart and squeezed it, sending dragon blood all over him. Ron squealed like a little kid and ran away from Rose, who just ran after him. Hagrid yelled once at them before deciding not to get them to stop, as it was quite amusing. Harry watched Rose with a small smile on his face, watching as her black curls trailed behind her and her grey eyes flickered with happiness.