Nine

.
.
.
"So let me get this straight...you and Zayn are now suddenly friends?"Brooke asked once more. I simply nodded, while taking a bit of my tuna melt.

When I had told Brooke, Alex, Rose, and Felicity about what happened the previous day, they thought I was bluffing at first. I mean, what was the big deal.

"You stabbed your own words, Tor."Rose chuckled. I gave them a confused look.

"What do you mean?"I asked.

"Remember when you used to say you'll never ever be friends with Zayn? Well that's happening right now."Rose comprehended. I pouted.

"Alex, help me! They're being meanies!"I whined like a little kid.

"Sorry Tor, but I have to side with them on this one. You have to admit that it's like We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together all over again."Alex said.

"Your living in a Taylor Swift world! Now all you have to do is stop being stubborn and accept the fact that your friendship with Zayn will turn into a relationship."Felicity added. My eyes bugged out of their sockets.

"And how exactly did you get that from?"I raised up one eyebrow.

Felicity put her hand up, meaning to wait for her until she was done chewing.

"Most people say they hate each other, but really they don't."Brooke started off.

"Then they later on become friends, putting them into the friend zone."Felicity continued.

"And even later, one of the two realize they are in love with their best friend, but is afraid that the opposite person will shut them out of their life. The end."Alex finished. I looked over at Rose.

"Nothing you'd like to add, correct?"I asked her. She gave me a nod.

"Right, they couldn't give me a good enough reason to why I should meddle into your personal life."She replied. I gave her a side hug.

"And this is why I love you the most."I cooed.

Felicity feigned a look of hurt, while Brooke kept on pointing behind me.

"Why do you keep pointing behind?"I asked her.

"Just look behind you. I have to get going, and so do Rose and Felicity. Right?"She emphasized the last word a bit, which got their attention.

"And I have to go too. I have...scrapbooking.."Alex trailed off.

I crossed my elbows, raising up one eyebrow. "Scrapbooking? Since when?"

Her face flustered a bit. She pulled out her phone and did a dramatic gasp. "Well you look at the time! I have to go, so see you!"Alex left in a blink of an eye.

"More like crapbooking."I muttered. I heard a deep chuckled from behind me, which caused me to spin around.

"Zayn?"I said surprised. He sheepishly waved at me.

"What's up?"I asked him.

"Do you want to hang out after English today?"He asked. I searched his face for any signs or traces of a joke. His expressions read dead serious though.

"Not to be rude, but why?"I was curious, okay?

"It's cool, and well we're friends now, and that's what friends do. You know, hang out, play video games, go to movies.."He trailed off. I let out a light laugh.

"Well in that case, sounds good. I'll see you later then?"I asked.

The next thing he did actually surprised me. He pulled me in for a warm embrace. At first, I was a bit confused and too shocked to even move, but I wrapped my arms around him.