Twenty-Six

.

.

.
"Tori?"Louis furrowed his eyebrows when he saw me standing outside his flat. Clearly I was the last person he'd expect to see in front of his place.

It wasn't exactly my idea to come and see Louis, but Zayn insisted that if I wanted answers, I'd be better off getting them from Louis.

Zayn had offered to come with me, but I declined his offer. I started thinking that if we both came, it would make the matter seem suspicious and demanding as well.

"Hey,"I replied, smiling sheepishly.

"What are you doing here? Not that you aren't welcomed or anything..but I'm kind of surprised to see you. You know, we aren't exactly..friends?"He finished off awkwardly, bringing his hand to the back of his neck.

"Me neither, but you resort to unusual things when in desperate measures."I muttered to myself, making sure he didn't hear that on purpose.

"Anyways, let's cut to the chase. I kind of need to ask you a small favour?"The last part sounded more of a question.

He nodded, then stepped aside. "Well, come on in. I have a strong feeling this won't be a quick chit-chat." He turned around, and I followed suit.

I slipped off my shoes, and I could hear my footsteps pad across the floor.

"Not meaning to pry or anything, but how come you didn't want to live in the dorms?"I asked curiously. My eyes glanced around the flat, and it was oddly big, especially for someone that was a Uni student.

"Ah.."He trailed off, tapping on the marble counter.

"Mainly my parents decision. They didn't like the idea of me having to associate with God knows what kind of roommate I would've had to deal with. They can be a little...high maintenance?"He said more to himself than me.

I nodded, trying understand his parents logic. "I take it that you live by yourself here too?"

"Correct. I, on the other hand wanted to experience the whole sharing with a roommate business, because I think this is the time where we meet new people."He said as he poured some tea into two cups from a kettle.

"You still meet new people either way, dorm room or not."I reminded him though, referring back to classes and parties.

I hummed in response, taking a sip of his tea. "Are you a coffee person or something?"He nodded his head towards the direction of my untouched tea cup.

"Yeah, actually. Tea isn't my thing."I said a bit embarrassed.

His eyes widened. "Shit, really? I could make a quick cup of coffee if you'd like."He offered.

I politely declined his offer. "I actually just ate before coming here."

"I'm pretty sure you didn't come here though to talk about Uni and sip over tea."He reminded me, bringing me back to the real reason why I was here.

"Right, well you see.."I trailed off, feeling unsure of how to start off.

"Please tell me this isn't an I-Love-You confession."He groaned.

My eyes widened. "What? No, God never. This is way different."I assured him.

"I know that, I just wanted to see your reaction. Which might I say, was priceless!"He slapped his knee and started laughing in hysterics.

"Hardy-har-har."I replied sarcastically. "But no. The real reason is that I kind of need help with something."I fiddled with my fingertips.

"As you've mentioned earlier.."Louis motioned for me to proceed.