Sixteen

.
.
.
"Remember I said I wanted to try something new?"He asked, and I nodded in response.

"I'd like to try this."I patiently waited for him to say what exactly, but instead his lips crashed on to mine. My eyes widened at his actions, thinking that he had officially lost his mind. I had no idea what was happening, but all I knew that his lips were on mine.

His soft, sweet lips, that made you want to come back for more. Without even thinking, I cupped my hands around his face, pulling him even closer to me.

When we both pulled away for a breath of air, my brain finally registered what had happened not that long ago.

I kissed him. Zayn Malik kissed me, and I didn't pull back. I let him get to me. This kiss shouldn't mean anything to him though, right?

It didn't mean too much to me. Just another reminder of my painful past. The way to go for a fresh start of the New Year.

My face stayed emotionless, until I wriggled under his hold.

I ruined it.

I broke the promise I had made for myself, of not to get involved with guys just yet.

Tears were not brimming in my eyes, like I thought they would. No, the barrier had not broken, but I was.

Confused, I ran away, despite his protests and calls.
.-.
I entered the Malik household, with Zayn trailing not too far behind me. Zayn slammed the door shut, causing Trisha to rush to the front to see what the commotion was all about.

"What happened?"Was her first question. The both of us stayed silent, not meeting each other's eyes. Trisha pursed her lips, and stared at both of us intently.

It felt like her eyes were trying to search for any signs of emotion, if there was any, on our faces. I squirmed under her gaze, because it felt like she was looking past my soul and into all my hidden feelings.

She patted her lips to start saying something, but clamped it shut. With another glance at the two of us, she left us alone.

It was like she was trying to tell is to talk it out, but not actually say it with the words.
.
.
.
My palms were sweating, as they were clenching the white duvet on my bed. My eyes had dark circles around them, and my hair could've been mistaken as a bird's nest.

I wasn't upset, nor depressed. To my dismay, Mum got a bit too carried away and even considered of getting a therapist for me. Immediately, I told her it was just school problems.

Of course, that was a lie. There was no way I was going to tell my mother about my boy troubles. In a way though, Zayn was still part of Uni. If you thought of it in a different way, it was more of bending the truth.

A bead of sweat trickled down my forehead. The day after, Zayn and I were to come back to the dorms. The train ride had been much too awkward, so I solved the problem temporarily by moving far, far, away from where he was sitting.

When we arrived, we both separated to head our own ways. I still had one day to spare and get rid of my distress. I also had one day of freedom before I would be practically forced to see Zayn.

If I really wanted to at least try to forget about him, I should stop saying his name, I thought.

I tried emptying out my thoughts, and replacing them with the good ones, but my brain just seemed to hate me today. Suddenly, I found myself in the scene I had been imagining back when I was at home.

I clenched my fists even closer together, as if they could relieve the pain. Every breath I took seemed to cause my haziness to increase further. Is it bad I keep dreaming about the same nightmare that I would get a couple years back?

Oh lord, where is Alex when I need her the most? Though she was only a phone call away, I didn't want to disrupt her family time with my problems.

I can pull through this, I thought. After all, it's only one night.

One night will fly fast, and I won't have to look back at this day again. Tomorrow, my friends would all be here. I can get through this I promised myself.

2 hours later, I decided I was not fine at all. The kiss that happened was driving me crazy, and it was pointless denying it. Why did he do it? Was it just a test? Hit and run? Did he actually care? Was he trying to act like the stereotypical guy who kisses the girl when the clock strikes 12.

A million questions swarmed around my head, making me feel more overwhelmed than ever. Maybe some TV will do me good?

Deciding on that, I turned on the TV. I almost regretted it right away when I saw some couple making out. I let out a frustrated sigh and flipped to the next channel.

Boy, I was wrong when I thought I was saved. Apparently, The Notebook was playing, and it was just at the scene where Allie and Noah kiss in the rain. What a wonderful coincidence.

I skipped to the next two channels this time, but apparently, it was The Kardashians. Okay, so there was nothing there, but I just didn't like the show. I skimmed through a bunch of channels and randomly paused on one.

I didn't even know what movie or show it was, but all I could here were a chorus of 'I love you's. I turned off the TV, and chucked the remote into the wall.

Thank goodness it didn't make a hole, or Alex would've killed me.

Sleeping would just make me relive my nightmares, and everything on TV seems to have the slightest amount of romance. Sitting on my phone will remind me of him, which is the opposite of what I'm trying to do.

I wanted to forget everything at the moment. Suddenly, an idea came to me. It wasn't something I should be all proud of, but sometimes I needed to let it all out.

I opened the drawer of the nightstand, and stirred my hand inside looking for the item I need. Finally, my fingers felt the tip of the lighter, and next to it was the cigarette pack.

I changed into some warmer clothing, considering the fact that I was wearing shorts and a tank top. Then I grabbed the lighter and pack, slipping them into the pocket of my jeans.

The university had a strict no smôking rule inside the dorms, but they never said anything about doing it outside. I've seen many students do it before, teachers seeing them, and not doing anything. I mean after all, it's their choice.

Correct?

.-.

What do you guys think of Tori's choices? Sorry for the bad chapter, but I really wanted to update before school started again tomorrow.

Dedication to @IzzySaphira. Her stories R-O-C-K!

xx Yusra